Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Foraminotomy

ZackZZack Posts: 269
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:32 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I had the surgery done 8 weeks ago on C5-6 & C6-7. They cut in the back of the neck $ move muscles to the side & with a tiny drill, they grinded down on the 2 discs that were impending on the nerves. MRI showed areas that were in trouble & what was causing my arm to go numb, tingle, & experience great pain. First, they ordered physical therapy. After months of physical therapy and the steroid injections (3 rounds), I got no relief. It only felt ok when in a hot bath tub. I was so excited to hear that there was an operation for this DDD, because that would be a beach to have had to live like that. Recovery has been very, very slow, but not complaining because it's better than living with constant pain. So glad they are able to reverse the damage. Life is good now.
Julie in Houston, Tx.
advertisement

Comments

• that's good your pain is gone. do what the dr. says. be good and know you are one of the fortunate ones
    :-C :-C
    pete
  • man...great news...i hope i have this option.
  • Thanks for commenting. You have several option to correct the areas in question. Your doc will determine what suits you best. My surgery is performed more & more these days from what I have been told. MRI showed C5-6 & C 6-7 mild to moderate DDD. He grinded down the 2 discs that were impending on the nerves that were causing my left arm to tingle, numbness & alot of pain. None of the physical therapy helped me, so I am ever so glad I was a perfect canditate for this. It's been 10 weeks now, & the road to recovery has been a tough one (never had surgery before like this). Post-op pain is a little more tolerable now. I wish you the best of luck my friend. It's all good. Take Care.