Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MissPiggyMMissPiggy Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
Has anyone taken Savella? It's new I guess and mostly for fibromyalgia. I think it is helping some of my pain but mostly my muscle spasms don't seem to be as strong.

• Love the name! I've never heard of it, but along with all my spinal problems, I have fibro. Is it a perscription pill, or an herbal, or what? I'm willing to try anything new! Glad it's helping you. Take care.

• Its an SNRI, just like Cymbalta.
  • which is a SNRI but I still take a small dose 150mg of Lyrica also. Keep reviewing your meds with your Dr and hope you find some relief. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have been taking one 50mg Tramadol 3X a day,
    0ne 600mg Neurotin 3X a day,
    one 300mg Bupropion 1X a day,
    4mg Zanaflex @ bedtime,
    I also take 5/325mg Percocet @ least once a day. Once in a while I take a 10mg perc.
    Some days I take 15mg amrix(a muscle relaxer for spasms). I hate taking all these meds. This is why my PM is trying Savella. PM gave me a 2-week Titration pack. He wants me to get adjusted to taking it and slowly ween me off all the others. At least that is what he said. I sure hope so. I wish there was a simple fix. I hate what I'm afraid it's doing to me. Pm says not to worry we are working trying to get the pain under control. I also have a TENS unit which I have done my darnest to convince myself it is helping. It makes me nervous and confused. I know it's not the meds doing it unless it's the combination. The meds don't make me feel that way without it.
    So enough said.
    I think the SAVELLA may be doing something. My L leg still gives out and it is painful and once it gives out during the day it continues to be very painful and will and continue to give out.
    Sorry I rambled on so much. :T Next MRI is in August 09 (|:
  • Hi, I just saw your post, my Dr. just gave me the Savella sample pack to try for my fibro. Just wandering how your doing on it? Have you noticed many side effects? I am always nervous about trying new drugs I am sure hoping this works for me. My PM wants me to take topomax and viciphronine(sp) with it also. I hope its working for you!
  • I don't think that your feeling nervous and confused could in any way be caused by your TENS. Unless you have it turned up way to much, so that your muscles are jumping horribly =)) I would attribute it to the combination of meds. Maybe aby getting off some of them, you will improve. Sure hope so. Take care.

• Hi. I've been on Savella myself for 2-3 months now I guess. For me, mild reduction in pain in one area that I notice, but still my low back and neck are very bad. I'm not sure that they really know what I have, but for now, it's degenerative discs upper and lower and then possibly fibromyalgia. I noticed though that most of the postings are from women with fibro, so that makes me question this dx. I do seem to relate to some of the symptoms however. The savella does have some definite side effects that I've noticed, but a little more tolerable now than initially. I don't know if I'll keep on it. The Dr. was considering something like soma or another muscle -relaxant as I haven't tried that for years. Right now among other meds though, I am taking low dose morphine as well as hydrocodone prn, which is about 2x's a day. I can do very little in terms of normal activity, but they haven't sen me as the best surgery candidate, because the injections haven't helped much I guess. Anyway, how do you like the Savella ?
  • I called my pm today to give some symptoms since the start of taking Savella. My pm told me to stop taking Savella. I started getting pains in my neck(no,not my husband, and the kids are all moved out. :))( )on the lower right side of my neck and moved to my shoulder to elbow, involving the R shoulder blade and moved up into the R side of my head all in a couple of weeks. He gave me a sample of Voltaren Gel to try on my neck and shoulder areas where ever needed. I go back to see him 8/17. I know not a whole lot about Voltaren Gel other than the internet. Anyone Vusing the Voltaren Gel?
This discussion has been closed.