Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

oh boy another bad night

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
well i'm surprised i actually made it through last night.The medications that they put me on made me feel very nauseous :& ,and i only got two hours sleep because i was going to the washroom every ten min. all night long,,thank god the night is over.i feel like i've been kicked in the stomach and this really sucks.hopefully the meds. will kick in today and i'll have a better night tonight. I)

• wasn't that your frequent urine issue. did they find problem with bladder?
  • wasn't that your frequent urine issue. did they find problem with bladder?
  • Dear Tammy,

So sorry to hear about your sleepless night. I can very much relate to what you are going through and it's miserable. You feel achy all over, sore, exhausted, no appetite, low grade fever, etc.

The antibiotics should start tackling the infection soon, but it's never as fast as we would like them to.

I took naps throughout the day and night, as I was up and down like you are and took advantage of sleeping whenever I could. Took a while before my nightime sleep got back into the regular pattern.

Once the infection starts to clear, you will feel much better. Be sure to take all of your antibiotics, even when you start to feel better. Once you stop the antibiotics, be sure to visit the clinic for another urine sample so you know the infection is completely cleared.

Hang in there and best wishes for a quick recovery.

Tammy >:D<
  • Sorry you're having a rough time. I know how miserable it is when you can't sleep. I hope this bad spell passes soon and that you get relief. Take care sweetie >:D<
  • well i haven't slept yet today. I went to therapy and explained to him what had happened since i was there last time. He told me to go home and keep taking my medications. He thinks that i need an mri of my thoracic and lumbar spine to find out why my bladder is acting this way.he took me off the schedule for this week,so i go back next mon. which is fine i should be finished my medicine by then and hopefully feeling better. he said that i won't lose that much range of motion and i shouldn't get that much stiffer.The doctor at the walkin never really said that i had an infection he just said that my urine looked suspicious and that i was having a lot of spasms in my bladder,he said he wasn't sure that the antibiotic would help me and i may end up back there again in a week. I've been to the urologist before and he couldn't figure out what the problem was ,i just think its really strange how it began just after my therapist started pushing on my thoracic spine and the harder he pushed the more intense the spasms got. But he said that in order for me to have a bladder problem from my thoracic spine it would have to be a large herniation.Who knows what the car accident did to my spine i've only had x-rays on my thoracic and lumbar spine so you can't really tell anything from that.LOL therapy got very quiet when he told the secretary to take me off the schedule for the week,everyone thought i had done something wrong but its a little hard to lay on a bed for a half hour with electrodes on your back and big heat pads all over when you have to pee every ten min. LOL and of course my doctor is no where to be seen,gone away on vacation for the week.i'm sure when i see her she'll make a comment about me going to the walk in clinic but what does she expect me to do suffer because she's not around.my therapist feels for me because i have a doctor who isn't very accessible.it takes six weeks normally just to get an apt. to see her,god forbid you have an emergency.
  • its been four days and i'm finally starting to slow down.Not running to the bathroom as much anymore.The pain is starting to subside. Hopefully it stays this way and doesn't regress when i go back to therapy again.i still don't think it was an infection that i had i think my bladder just went into bad spasms,the medication that they put me on for pressure and spasms helped alot ,it was supposed to relieve the pain until the antibiotic kicked in and the second day the pressure started going away. if i get worse again i'll know for sure.