Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wow, I think this is it!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Pain Management
I really believe after only 2 days, that we have found the perfect med, and it's only ONE (not taking anything else for pain) I took my first dose of Neurontin last night, but I was exhausted from no sleep the night before, so I didn't notice any effect, I was numb. BUT, today after only one dose, I was feeling much better, no constant pain at all, just the mechanical pain when I move. I took another dose, and also noticed that the shooting pain I feel when I lean my elbows on anything is gone as well! Before today, I guess I was really unaware of how much constant pain I have been in!

I am SO excited. If this relief continues, I will live with the slight "off-ness". I am just so darned excited over this, I had to share. <:P <:P <:P

• OHHH, not to mention that headache that been bugging me for a week! Also forgot to mention, I have taken NO tylenol today, that's a record in 10 years!
  • That's great news! Hope the relief is long lasting!
  • That is excellent and I'm sure you're feeling VERY relieved!!! I can certainly relate to how you're feeling, since I experienced the same "over-nite" relief when I started to taking Lyrica which is a "sister med" to Neurontin...in that it treats nerve pain.

Isn't it amazing how we chronic back/chronic pain patients get all excited when something works and provides relief??? You'd think we won the lottery or something by the way our outlook, attitude and demeanor changes!

Once again, that's great and take care -

• I'm so happy for you Kat <:P You know, they can increase the dose at anytime in order to give you more relief and I have heard of some people taking like 3000 mg's of Neurontin. I never did tolerate it well because of the side effects, and the most I took was 200mg a day.
  • I am so glad you have actually found a "majic pill"!!!

Hope this keeps up - but gets WAY MUCH better (with respect to the mechanical pain you feel)!!

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm so glad that it's working for you! I hope you continue to be pain free and that you can continue to tolerate the neurontin.

• Thanks so much all! >:D<

I was actually totally shocked :o that it's working, since my NS told me it wouldn't work, and that there is no more impingement that should be causing pain. ~X( So if there is no other explanation why a medication not used for "regular" pain, nor gives any indication that it works for it but IS working for me, does that mean my NS is wrong? :?

Again, thanks, I'm actually going for a walk now, and I can do it without wondering if I can make it all the way around the block!

I wish everyone else this pain relief now or in the near future, it's such a relief! #:S
  • Ugh, they now tell me it's because I have permanent nerve damage... How can they tell if it's PERMANENT nerve damage just by me taking a pill that works for the pain??? :''( It makes me sad, because I still pray that I will be off all drugs in a year or two...
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm glad the neurontin is working for you. I don't know how they would know for sure that the nerve damage is permanent. It seems like to me it would be too soon after your surgery for them to say that. Just my opinion. Don't give up hope.