Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hum? Crying In Severe Pain What Else To Do?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Depression and Coping
I feel all alone when I talk about my medical condition to my family. Its like they don't understand why all the time I am complaining I'm in pain. They say, ur on too much pain meds! I tell them I'm in SEVERE PAIN most of the time. Do you want me to cry all the time so that's why I'm on meds to control it when it gets at its worst.

I just found out that when I settle my wc case they aren't going to keep paying for my meds for the rest of my life! Now I have to figure out where I can get a script wrote out for my meds and where to get them at? I'm sure someone has heard of this old tune before.

I am doing the best I can do with my life but sometimes I just lay across my bed and cry my eyes out due to being in such pain and can't control it like I want too. I have a hard time getting the chores done around the house because I can't do it anymore like I use too....

• I totally understand what you're going through and I'm sorry that you're suffering in this way.

Yeah, it's so true that people, including our family don't know what it's really like to have chronic, severe pain day in and day out. And they also have their misconceptions about taking pain meds too. Right now you need all the support in the world without judgments on how you treat the pain.

If you are crying because of the severe pain, maybe you need to see a doctor. Don't stay home and try to tough it out.

Take care of yourself first and get you pain under control; this problem with W/C can wait. Right now you need to get help. I know that someone will reply with helpful advice on how to get your meds after.

Please let us know how you're doing when you are able to, and I hope you get relief from all this pain. Take care >:D<
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. Wish there was something that could make it better, quick.

I am flabbergasted that your settlement does not include care! Why not? I got to wonder who is dropping the ball on this. How can they just drop you like a hot potato with no where to go?

They wonder why you are crying?! The loss of someone to see for your meds alone is reason enough, let alone the pain.
  • Do you have a lawyer for WC? That's not right that they are going to abandon you afterwards. I wouldn't sign off on anything (if that's possible at this point) without more council!

You didn't mention if you had med insurance, judging by your statement I guess you don't.
    Call a lawyer, call a doctor!
    This is the rest of your life at stake here, don't let them roll you!
  • What Jim said. Wish I could be that eloquent!
  • do you have anybody to take you to the er they cant deny you and they will also give you aprec also they will find adr for you dont lie aroundand cry in pain iys not goodfor you ifeel bad for you just try andget some help wc suxs i had to deal with them too good luc rebel renee X(
  • Yes! If you go in to the emergency room, you'll get relief for your pain AND you may ask to speak with a medical social worker who should be able to help as well.

Godspeed to you, dear. I'm praying for your strength throughout this process.
  • It is hard for family and friends to relate to the pain u r in!! I am sure we r not the only ones who face that family/friend problem!! I have learned through all I have been threw that at some point...u gotta STOP worrying what others are thinking or saying about you in your situation...and u gotta pull yourself up and climb out of that depression!!! Hard to do---but u can do it!!
    WE ALL FEEL THIS WAY!!! ON W/C...GET THAT LAWYER AND DON'T BACK DOWN!! Keep the FAITH and hold on tight...it may be a bumpy ride but YOU CAN MAKE IT THREW IT ALL!!

• i'll reiterate...see a lawyer. don't sign anything without lawyer. and if you have one tell him you want to be covered for the future whether it be medical or prescriptions.

regarding family... the best painkiller is 3 words...ASK FOR HELP
  • i'll reiterate...see a lawyer. don't sign anything without lawyer. and if you have one tell him you want to be covered for the future whether it be medical or prescriptions.

regarding family... the best painkiller is 3 words...ASK FOR HELP
  • I did have a laywer and he said all they could do is give me a settlement. I asked for a lifetime meds but he told me they said they couldn't do it due to my case being odd?

I asked him my case being odd laywer said yeah they say you already had this problem in the past and they didn't want to keep covering me.

Response to in the past yeah I did but not this much pain and not being able to hold down a full time job!

Thanks for being here and talking with me.

If I go too the ER they will charge me a Dr bill and that runs around $200.00 that I don't have. I'm cover under the medical indiget program at the hospital just have to pay for labs and drs., and x-rays.
  • I wonder what another lawyer would say? Usually the first meeting with a new lawyer is free.
  • bring a catsclaw with you the next time you go to the hospital and pry the sign off the wall that says (something to the effect of) 'you will be treated even if you don't have the ability to pay'...

When they ask what your doing, tell them "Your not using it".
  • Jim, I need you around the house here, my son is no longer here to lift me up with his wit, how much do you charge? :p
  • hi! :H i am going to share the best thing i have found lately to help control pain. :O i turn on a good radio channel, get as relaxed as i can on the bed and then let the music take over and release the pain.. :D you can cry for awhile and then eventually you start to relax!! I) after some practice you might find it works for you.. =D> all the best!! :D Jenny :)
  • ((((Doxy)))) I am praying for you. Chronic pain is so miserable and having any problems like insurance, medical bills, etc. just add to the stress and make the pain more intolerable. I hope things work out for you -- SOON.