Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Low immune system after surgery

MoonbabyMMoonbaby Posts: 44
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
This is actually ALMOST funny. I had my surgery (C5-6) on March 24th. Very successful and I was healing great. By May 6th my doctor let me go back to work and decided I didn't need physical therapy. I was feeling great.

One week later, I caught bronchitis from my boyfriend. One week into that I came out with a BIG case of shingles (adult chicken pox). A week after that, I got pink-eye.

I'm fine now, but it took forever to get over everything. (about a month) It's amazing how our bodies slump when our immune systems are low... but still have the capability to come right back up!

• Wow :O That's quite a bit of cr&$ to have to go through so soon after surgery! It's great you were feeling well enough to "shake it all off". You sound very positive and upbeat. Thanks for sharing! I pray that things continue getting better every day for you!

• :H Hi Moonbaby,

You're preaching to the choir with me -- I didn't have surgery but after my pain issues started last fall (sciatica in left leg from herniated disc), the rest of my body fell apart. I had one bout of sinusitus, one bout of a cold, one bout of the flu and something else fatigue related that put the nail in the coffin for my job. ~X( I'm working on getting my health back so that I can look for gainful employment again. 8}

I am glad to hear that you had a successful surgery =D> and that you were able to weather the many health issues that ensued following going back to work. I always thought I was pretty healthy but I learned this past year just how fragile our bodies can be.

Best of luck to you and always glad to hear of a happy ending after sugery.