Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and needing friends that understand

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
I am new here and greatfull to have found this site. I had back surgery 8 years ago for a ruptured and herniated disc with sciatica. Doc said he'd fix me 70% but he fixed me 90%. As the years passed I had minor aches that maybe lasted a few days, doing yard work most of the time. Anyway a month ago I lifted a tire from my trunk and within a 1/2 hour I was hurting. The next day I could barely walk, I knew something was not right. The days that followed were hell. I rolled out of bed pulling my self up with the wall and trying to take my first 10 steps as my back slowly unlocked . Driving to work was like a butcher knife in my lower back. I know I need not describe the pain you all of anyone know my pain. I just wish the world new how we with back pain suffer. That fear that you wont be able to work or do anything again. I have been put on steroids, muscle relaxers(did nothing) and took Oxycodone that took the pain away but not the feeling of bone on bone and the nerve it pinched when I sat or drove to work.I went for an MRI 2 days ago and received a call today that my doc has the results and I am not to miss my appointment next week. Great!! What will I hear? I am 38 and scared. I have however been coming off the pain med as my doc prescribed Robaxin that seems to be a miracle drug for me right now. I almost feel all better but still feel a strange pressure in my lower back. I am thinking its disc degeneration and am not sure what they can do for it. I will keep my fingers crossed. I am so scared and have lifted nothing. I feel so sorry for anyone that suffers from back pain and wish my family new how serious and scared I am. I need strength and support that I am not alone and if anything people that are going through the same thing and hopefully I can get information on the best type of therapy.

• Hey and welcome! Sorry you are again having problems with your back. It's a good thing you were able to find relief quickly though! But, to have to revisit them must be scary and frustrating :SS Just know that we are here for you and you can come vent or just chat any time, day or night. :D

I pray you will have favorable results with your MRI, and hope you will keep us posted!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by! =D> we are all here to help one another and you will find this a great site for information and advice. :D try and relax and don't let your mind wander to far away!! :D good luck and get your questions ready... Jenny :)
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome. The people here are great. I don't know what I'd do without them.
    I know how worried you are and I hope that your mri results turn out good. I'm glad that your pain is better already. Take care and take it easy until you get your results.

Good luck
  • Hello Tiffaney -

You've made a great choice coming here to the Spine-Health Forum, there's many folks here that can offer great advice and share similar experiences...it's always nice to know that you're not suffering alone!

Your next Doc appt. and MRI results will be most telling...I'm sure you're scared but also anxious to find out what's going on.

Take care Tiffaney and don't over do it (not lifting is probably a good idea), rest and do as your Doc has ordered until you see him/her soon.

• I have my MRI results and am curious about stenosis so left a message under stenosis. "MRI results need advice". I appreciate your feed back and welcoming me . I think I am going to have to make some decisions and I want to avoid surgery if possible. Thanks again!