Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello im new and in pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all l'm Robert,l am from ontario,canada age 38.

where to start?

11 days ago i fell on my right "hip" causing injury and massive pain,after xrays i have a small crack on my right
hip,also it's very hard for me to open my legs all the way
(spreading)the pain seems to hit the outside of my hip from the groin area,.l am able to put some pressure on it at this time,i need some good support to let go of these crutches and continue.but the pain is still there.The doctor
is asking hip replacement within 3 years.

Problems now!

Can,t open my legs to much sitting on a chair
(sharp pain a few seconds gone but can notice)

doctor asking put pressure on my hip during this accident
6 weeks off,with no swelling

l would like some feed back,so i can feel better on walking without these crutches.

Thanks Robert

• Hey man my "cracked hip" was tough, try not to do anything for the next six weeks. give it time to heal properly. A long time ago they might have put yah in a body cast. sometimes the hip will heal well enough maybe you dont need a replacement. Good luck on your recovery.
  • You have crutches because your supposed to use them for the next 6-8 weeks. Find a good spot on the couch, settle down and read a few books for the next couple months.
  • Take it easy. I hope you heal soon. Don't try to do too much. You need ther crutches. Let your body heal or else you can make things worse. Don't do to much. It's time to relax and take care of yourself.