Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have this lump/bump right at the top of my scar.

krazyangelkkrazyangel Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello again it is me with more questions. I have noticed well my hubby has noticed that I have a good size lump/bump whatever you would like to call it at the top of my scar. Its not a little one it is big enough that you can see it and it hurts some kind of crazy. I have also notice that I have a couple of little ones on down on my scar they dont hurt as bad as the big one. Has anyone out there ever had one or heard of it or heard that someone has had one? If so please drop me a few lines. Thanks alot krazyangel

• Hi there,

If it hurts, your surgeon should probably be contacted. Is it red??

See you in chat.....

• thanks for the advice. it isnt red but it does hurt. it hurts bad if i try to lay on my back or if i push the recliner back to far. i will give the dr a call thanks again.
  • I never had a big one, but I had small ones at the tops and bottoms of my scars. They hurt like crazy, but I'm like a kid, and kept poking them L) so needless to say, one day, one of them just felt like it "popped". When I spoke to the doctor, he didn't seem concerned and it's never caused me any problems (the other one eventually popped as well).

I have no idea what those small ones are, but if you have a sizable lump, you should contact your doctor!

Take care!

• thanks for the advice and i will give him a call and let everyone know how it goes whenever he calls me back this weekend. it might not be til monday lol.
  • My Dr. told me the top bump was mucles, etc. they pulled,swollen from surgery and that in time it would go down and not hurt as much. It has gone down and doesn't bother me as much although it is still there. I have noticed other lumps/bumps along the insicion but wonder if they are scar tissue or something inside?

If yours hurts you should let your dr. know and ask him to check it out for you. Good luck!
  • i had a small lump at the top of the scar but it has gone now ..like someone has already said if you are worried or if its sore and or weeping fluid go see your doctor ASAP it may be infected and you may require antibiotics
  • Not to sound funny or anything but...my back is JACKED UP!!! I have had 5 back surgeries and on EVERY SCAR I have LARGE bumps and lumps EVERYWHERE!!!
    The worst ones I have are from my FUSION and ANS surgery with some of the bumps so large THEY HURT to even have my husband rub my back!! I CAN'T STAND IT when he even touches my back!! That is terrible...but when I asked my doc about the concern I had about the bumps he chocked it off as scar tissue!??!! I am just praying it doesn't cause me MORE problems!!
    He did mention---in some cases patients may have to have some scar tissue removed if it causes furhter complications...not what I wanted to hear, but hopeful I will dodge that bullet and NOT have to have any scar tissue removed!!
    Goodluck in ur quest to find out whats up with ur bumps!! Deffinately van relate to u on how much of a pain they can be.
    God Bless!!
  • i called the dr today cause i was in so much pain. he told me that i might have a stitich that didnt deslove and to come in on weds. so he can check it out. if it is one he will have to get it out. i really didnt ask how he would do it but i will let you all know on weds. thanks for all your advice.
This discussion has been closed.