Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PLDD treatment for anular tears, rim lesions or disc ruptures.

Keano16KKeano16 Posts: 89
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

this is very direct and specific question, not for patients with "normal" back pain or disc hernination.

Its directed to people with either:
1. Anular tears
2. Rim lesions
3. Disc ruptures
4. similar types of IDD (internal disc disruption)

What type of treatment did you had?

Did anyone had treatment by Daniel Choy's method called PLDD (Laser).

• Two of which were torn all the way, annular tears. I had 2 level fusion and discectomy Dec 08. Am feeling better, just a loong recovery.
  • Thanks for your feedback.

I am waiting for more experiences, possibly from persons that went for laser.
  • On how badly your discs with annular tears are damaged. Mine were torn through the annulus from left to right at all three levels. So much of the middle "gel" had escaped that there was no repair possible with laser. Do you still have good disc height between your vertebrae? If not, you're going to need something to get that space opened or your bones will eventually impinge on the nerve routes. It doesn't help much to shut the barn door after the horse has already gotten out.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Its a grade 3 (or even grade 4 anular tear) causing un-imaginly big pains in middle-low back.

On MRI its shown as HIZ (high-intensity zone).

How was your pains during this ruptured disc period? Were you able to move, go out from house (or flat)...

• You got popped YESTERDAY, and return under a new name? Or is it the same company as you guys post the same crap!!!! Spam, spam... go away!!!!!!!!!!!! Scram!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry to Keano, this is slightly unrelated, but do you or other other IDD suffers get facet joint pain?

I have confirmed IDD but I have this pain in what feels like my left side facet joints and no one can tell me if it related/unrelated.

I am definitely one of those people with abnormal back pain, I have tried everything! Finding information is like finding a needle in a haystack!