Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning neck pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
After an MRI, CT Myelogram, and CT head scan over the past 2 years, I have yet to find out why I have had a burning sensation in the left rear of my neck. When I raise my eyebrows, I can also feel a "pulling" sensation that radiates around the back side of my left ear, my left temple area, as well as the left half of my scalp. Has anyone ever experienced this? I just had an anterior cervical fusion done on C6/C7 area and I am currently in a cervical collar. The surgeon said this surgery was not related to the feeling I've been having in the neck/head area.

• i used to have the same sensations. :/ i had fusion work in the lower two cervical and upper two thoracic vertebrae. i had those sensations for years. :/ they are now gone. i guess what the surgeon told you is correct. its nothing to worry about. :-C i've had many spinal surgeries and after the surgeries there would be new tingling on the skin. these sensation are not indicative of major problems.
    so relax.... ;) all is well. in time they will disappear! ;)
  • Hi mister, Pete is right, I have had 3 spine surgeries and the burning paid stayed a while after operation. One of your nerves has some fluid from surgery or inflamamation on it and thats why you have the burning pain. I just had my post op and was told I could start up my anti inflams again, since then the burning has eased up. You have to wait until fusion is complete before you can take anti inflams or the fusion wont fuse. Be patient. a fusion takes a while to heal. :)
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.