Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Rectal pain from SI joints?

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 598
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Lower Back Pain
Do any of you who have SI joint or low back problems suffer from severe rectal pain that feels like spasming or a hot sword "in there"?? It seems the more irritated my low back is, the more often I have these symptoms and they make me almost physically sick because the pain is so bad.

Just wondering if this is a common thing or if I'm a freak of nature (again!). :smile:" alt=":smile:" height="20" />

• You have to eat alot of fiber
  • Yes. Not very often! During an acute pain episode, things get very disturbed for myself, and this is about the only time that my system, needs extra fiber and things to keep things regular.

I must admit that my worst occasion was being away from home for 2 weeks, having this start on the first day and it was 2 weeks of 3 liters of water a day, until I was sure I had not obstructed.

It is very serious. We have 30 % of our receptors on the outside of the body, the rest are on the inside. We are in fact a bundle of connections, and feelings.
  • Yes, but not related to the fiber issue, more just general pain in that area.
  • HB - is this more info, related to OP on this?

If so, get checked, rectal pain is never something to ignore. I know that because I have a lot of pain, right beside that area, it is easy to consider ignoring it. With issues related to disease, it is one thing that I keep getting checked on.

Look - I know this is embarrassing, or can be, but we have been there! Trust me, there is no graceful way to be on the table getting Xrays, with a barium. If I did not have my dark humour, I would have nothing to laugh at all about!

Do take it serious. Until the OK comes back from Dr. I have a good raport with mine, when I was having chest pain, in the night, I was in for tests in 3 days. Turned out a med I was on, was causing multiple issues.

So - do not worry, but be proactive!
This discussion has been closed.