Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,365
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Depression and Coping
We wait the hours until death comes to take him. There is no stopping the tide as it washes over his wasted body.
Mine is to feed and change him as he did me 42 years ago,
to comfort him in his waning hour. where did time go?
my lifetime so far hasnt been enough.
A bright new dawning waits for his passage into that final dark.The clocks ticking, eloquently obscene in the night.
I cannot fight for him
I cannot defend him
I cannot protect him from the pain of life
I cannot wait at the door for this wolf to come, for he has already passed my guard.
So Here I wait.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I felt the same way back in March and April. My Dad finally gave up the fight 4/6/09. He was buried on Good Friday and the only thing that kept me from feeling all was lost is the fact that maybe (just maybe) he would rise up on the third day just as Jesus had...

I have no profound wisdom to give you at this time. I only wish your Dad peace, and you my friendship...

• Your father is so lucky to have you by his side as he passes into the night.
  • What a profoundly deep and thoughtful prose. My prayers are with you and yours on this, your last minutes, hours, days with your father, your teacher, your medic, your nurse maid, your strength.

Stay strong.

• I will say a prayer for your Dad..you take care...
  • we are all with you at this difficult moment and wish you and your family the best. peace be with you
    sincerely, pete
  • Ranch-My prayers are with you.

It is so quiet
    this morning
    there is no sound
    on the wings
  • taking charge of the body as it wanes it so hard when you love the spirit inside.. :X remember, it is only the covering and the things you do support what is left of the physical body.. his spirit is bright and waiting to finish it's journey.. >:D< i hope all the memories will carry you through this difficult time!!! :D all the best,, Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    I am sorry for your loss. No matter how old we are, the passing of a parent is difficult to take.
    My father was very ill for about 10 years and finally he told us he was tired and didnt want to go into a hospital again. So we honored his wishes and he stayed at home while we could be there along with all his grandchildren. To him that was heaven.
    He passed away shortly afterward.
    My father was a big part of my life, he helped mold me into what I am today.
    Thank you for posting , I am sure it wasnt easy
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • At the age of 8 my mother died and my dad soon after, my sister's recent passing has made me the head and none of this is easy. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time and son's need hugs.

I will always carry a part of him in me as those who have gone before, our debt needs few words just understanding.

Take care John
  • The sadness ambushed me. My faithfull side is at war with the physical and visceral side of me. I love what is the true essence of dad, the soul and what actually make him up. The corporal mortal shell is the part I can hold and behold fully, the part ime gonna miss is what is on the inside. My faith is stronger than my physical longing for him to stay.
    He has suffered enough all my life that release will be a wonderfull blessing, He will rise and go on to his brothers and family,Of that I have absolutly no doubt. God will open the way and Jesus will take his hand and take him home when his time is done...here.
    which is where we still are and will be when he is gone.
    The physical side of me is watching him fade, and im helpless to ease the way or to stop the natural course of life.
    One morning i will wake and he would have gone on. I am happy the suffering is going to end.
    I am going to be sad too.
    Thank you guys for the shoulders.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I know there's nothing I can say to make this difficult time easier but you're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • On angel's wings to God's hands -- so sorry for your heartache.

• I'm so sorry for your loss Ranchhand. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend.

• ~~ The Next Room ~~

Death is nothing at all, I have only slipped

away into the next room. I am I, and you are you.

What ever we were to each other, that

we still are. Call me by my old familiar name,

speak to me in the easy way which you

always used. Put no difference in your tone,

wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes

we enjoyed together. Pray, smile, think of me,

pray for me. Let my name be the household word

that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect,

without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means

all that it ever meant, It is the same as it ever was;

there is unbroken continuity, Why should I be

out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere

very near, just round the corner. All is well.

For I have gone to a city where the roses never fade.

~by: Canon Henry Scott Holland~

• Ranchland,
    You are the one now doing right by your father, facing one of the most difficult challenges of your life. You are now providing peace, strength, love, support and your very self. That, my friend, means more than anything else.

You, your father and your family are all in my prayers. Keep the faith and continue to provide strength for your father and family.
  • Dear Ranchhand,

May God's presence be felt during these long minutes, hours and days. O:)

I pray for continued strength for you... physically, mentally and spiritually. O:)

May God supply your physical pains with comfort and warmth more than ever right now, may He fill your thoughts with the happier days spent with your Dad and may your faith in Him reassure you of the eternal love He has for you and your Dad. O:)

As He holds your Dad's hand to welcome him home, heaven will surely be celebrating. O:)

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know we are here for you today, tomorrow and the many days thereafter.

God bless,

Tammy >:D<
  • I so appreciate the support, the moments come and go where all my defenses go down, but right now its ok.
    Dads fading away as Tolstoy put it. seemingly disregarding his old body because he is going to be fitted with a new one, this one with a pair of wings.
    Thank you again for the love and support and I'll see yall later.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ranchland, what a great way to put it! (I may use that in the future, don't worry I'll credit you! :) )

Your father is obviously in good hands right now!
  • are lucky to have each other. The best part is, when you see each other again, it will be for eternity without any pain or suffering. Please know that you and your dad are in my thoughts. >:D<
  • my friend , I am so sorry for what you are going through but please remember that I am always a PM away and I will always be there for you....no matter what. You and your family will be in my prayers....much love....Miki
  • Dad finished up his business here sunday. You could say he was a wee tired. it was a peacefull passing with all of us around him singing him home.We were blessed as well as he with an easy passing. sorry I was incomunicado this week. Bless you all and happy day to ya!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• my heart goes out to you and yours...thankful that it was with ease his passing, and that he had those he loved around him. take care...
  • I've been thinking of you. I'm glad he had his family around him and that his passing went peacefully.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take care, my friend.
  • I was with him from friday to the time he passed. I was doing the "Long watch" giving mom and sis a rest, Its easyer coming to terms in the long silence.
    I understood Immaculate Marys smile, Its sad coz she knows what Ime going through, but after a while it was a knowing smile because She knows what was in store for dad when he reached the Gates.
    Where does time go?
    there I was a child holding his hand when I was scared, Now Ime holding his hand ressuring him its goin to be alright.

We put him in the same ground he had worked as a young man. All we are is ashes and dust. We go back from where we were initially made from, and so he returns.
    The part we miss is the soul, whats on the inside,, this imperfect shell we inhabit is only here for the journey between.
    his body was worn and tired but his spirit was undefeated.
    As mine is,
    As yours is.
    Keep your chin up and keep the good fight in your heart and your eyes on the horizon, thats where the real prize lays.
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    We all know and understand that its the cycle of life but the human part of us hurts for the one we love and lost. I wish you the peace that comes from knowing you did all you could. I'm sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• I understand your loss, and am sending you blessings and peace. Good job, faithful servant and Son.
  • I'm glad that you were able to make your fathers last days better ones- how could they not be with a son like you?

Please know that you have my condolences and prayers to make it through these tough times to come. You are a fine son indeed and your father was a lucky man to have you in his life.

• Ranch....my thoughts and prayers and with you and your family...I know how difficult it is to loose a mother or father...You will be give the strength to continue on Ranch..Many Blessings to you.