Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have an MRI showing a herniated disc at C6-7 and a slightly bulging at C5-6. While I have consulted surgeons and have an appointment with a another, I am currently going to a chiropractor for decompression treatments.I am hoping to hear from anyone who has decompression experience. For clarity, decompression differs from traction as it pulls and releases

I have decided to give it a try before or I hope, instead of surgery to receive an artificial disk. So far so good.

Thank you

• Duplicate post removed by moderator paulgla
  • i've gone through it. i think it's excellent but you have to be careful if your condition isn't appropriate for the treatment. what is your condition?
    theres a lot of quacks out there that will take your $ and give you treatment even though youre not suited......
  • i just reread your post and noticed your condition. you dont have any of the problems that would be aggravated by this treatment. it's worth a try. i was a poor sole that was given treatment and shouldn't have.
  • Welcome to Spine-Health! :)

I've never heard of decomperssion treatment but I was wondering the same thing that Pete was alluding to. Did your doctors recommend chiro treatment? Or is this something you're doing on your own? When I herniated a disc (C6-C7) last year I decided to see a chiropractor who I'd heard good things about (hadn't had MRI yet). He took xrays and I presumed he would do no harm but he found the sore spot in my neck and leaned his weight on it. That treatment hurt and I wondered at the wisdom of it but about 2 hours later when my radiculopathy had tripled in intensity I decided I better quit trying to make treatment decisions on my own, lol.

Maybe someone here on the board will know about decompression treatment. At any rate, wishing you the best treatment possible. Let us know how things go for you. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled