Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Report---please tell me if you have similar problems:)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Please help me understand MRI Report thanks.

C2-3 essentially normal

C3-4 There is DDD w/spurring and a bulge eccentric to the right. These changes are causing at least mild flattening of the thecal sac and mild-moderate narrowing of the right neuroforamen.

C4-5 There is moderate DDD w/ a minimal bulge and uncovertebral spurring. There is at most slight flattening of the thecal sac and neuroformina.

C5-6 There is fairly prominent loss of disc height and disc signal. There is extensive right-sided uncovertebral spurring w/ possibly associated disc material.However, I mainly believe this is a spur. This abuts and flattens the right ventral surface of the spinal cord and is causing mainly severe right neuroforminal narrowing although there is fairly prominent central canal stenosis as well. The left neuroforman is atleast moderatly narrowed.

C6-7 There is fairly prominent DDD w/ uncovertebral spurring and a disc bulge, more prominent on the right compared to the left. The CSF space is nearly completely effaced but no spinal deformity. Moderate central canal and bilateral neuroforminal narrowing.

C7-T1 There is a minimal bulge and hyperthrophy w/o significate mass effect.

No acute bony changes present there are a few scattered hemangiomas.

Lumbar spine

L5-S1 Normal

L4-L5 Normal

L3-L4 Normal

L2-L3 Normal

L1-L2 There is a small focal central disc herniation superimposed upon a mild to moderate circumferential bulge. There is also mild to moderate narrowing of the disc space. These changes, plus minimal facet hyperthrophy, are at most causing slight flattening of the ventral surface of the thecal sac. Also some small osteophytes.

Thoracic Spine

1. T 7-8 Tiny central disc herniation which abuts w/o distorting or displacing the spinal cord

2. There are a few scattered hemangiomas

3. No acute bony abnormalities are identified

Please help had ACDF on C5-6 C6-7 surgery on Dec. 16th 2008 still in alot of pain. I actually feel worse now the before my surgery. This is MRI was done before my surgery. Loss insurance coverage since don't know what to do. Taking no pain meds and the pain is killing me both physically and mentally. Any Suggestions and what does this MRI report findings really mean???

• from c3 to c7 you have pressure on the spinal nerves caused by bad disks and pressure on the nerves that feed out to the side of the spinal cord. everything else not too bad......where were you operated on?

The information provided by members of Spine-Health should never be considered as formal medical advice. It is recommendations based on member's personal experiences only. This can vary from person to person, so do not take comments as medical rules. Edited by moderator Paulgla
  • hi again. it was the middle of the night and i missed reading that c567 were fused. i was fused at c6,7,t1,t2. it might be there is more pressure on c3/4. you had some issues there too but they may not have worked on it.
    BTW i asked you the other night if this neck problem was from an accident?
    hope ice helped
  • has anyone tried spinal decompression with the DRX9000?
    after 3 weeks of treatments, i've noticed some
    improvement. i know of 2 people who were treated
    several yrs ago and had very good results. I paid
    $4230 for a minimum of 25 treatments. it sounds
    expensive until you consider that an epidural costs
    over $3000 and you may need 3 of them. cortisone will reduce inflammation but
    will not change anything. back surgery is always risky
    and may cost $30K to $50K. i'd like to know if anyone
    has tried spinal decompression and what their results
  • my name is pete and i'm happy to meet you. sorry youre in pain...as for the drx9000 i have gone through that treatment back in 2000. it seemed to help for a while but after the treatment the pain came back....i dont think it was meant for my condition because i have lots of arthritis. my understanding is that it is more for disk problems. follow their instructions regarding taking it easy after the treatments end...hope it works for you...pete