Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new and need to talk now

texasfizzilttexasfizzil Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Chronic Pain
:S I've been registered for over a year but I'm too chicken to post till I read some of your posts! Now I need some help and a big hay. I've had chronic back pain from ddd in my neck on down to my butt. Yesterday I woke up with searing lower pain and my legs froze for quite awhile,

I do have hemengiomas, osteoarthritis, ostoporosis and los of jaw bone due to complete dentures.

I'm scared now! I hate proceedures and pain management docs so I let my primary doc take care of me with consults from others.

Yes I take meds but this is scary now and I forgot about inplants cause my spine is in troble and I hate it.

I really am scared of a possible spinal. I had my kids natural. And yes, I'm an 55yrold boomer hippie and proud of it.

Any suggestions?

Peace and less Pain,

• Glad to see you've come out of "lurking" mode. :)

Sorry to hear you've experienced some nasty pain. You didn't say if your back is still hurting or if it got better in the course of the day but I hope you're not still hurting that badly.

My suggestion would be to let an ortho or neuro manage your back care. You may need an MRI to determine if your back has degenerated further and could be the cause of your sudden pain.

Other spineys will jump in and respond and maybe they will have other useful advice for you. I encourage you to participate on the board. It definitely helps to take your mind off of your own aches and pains! :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Hello and welcome! "boomer hippie and proud of it" made me giggle. I am a POST-boomer hippie. =))

Now, I joke, but your pain is not a joke, and you really need to bite the bullet with the doctor, and get a good consult! Someone that you can trust to take the best care of you. :-C Sooner is better than later, since you are having some bad pain and physically restrictive issues! I hope you will do it soon, because unfortunately, most issues such as yours do NOT go away on their own ~X( (as I'm sure you've realized by now)

Take care, and I hope you continue to post!

• carnt offer any medical advice {not up to it today as i am feeling like poo myself!} but put dark side of the moon on and chill!{pink floyd}
This discussion has been closed.