Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
:| I will be having a lumbar fusion early next week of the L4-L5. I have waited a long time for this and have gone through many sessions of PT and pain injections. My doctor says that the back brace is essential to my healing correctly. The brace will support the muscles that have been cut in the process of the surgery. My pool days will be over for the summer.But to be free of pain will be worth it. Wish me luck.

• Good Luck on your surgery. Make sure you have things set up at home for after you get home. There is a post op must haves on this site. Make sure you have your clothes, socks underware and stuff on top of dresser so you dont have to bend. And kitchen stuff. Pay attention to a normal day and what things you use everyday and make sure they are where you can get them without effort. I had a two level PLIF and am seven months out. Its a long recovery and you need to be careful and make sure you do exactly what the surgeon says. You dont want to go through it again. When you wake up, remember every week it will get a wee bit easier than the week before. Need anything, just PM me. I will try to help. Let me know how it goes when you are up to it. >:D<
  • good luck camper,it took me quite a while to get my fusion
    surgery I had it done on L3 and L4
    I got a staff infection 10 days after so I was alittle
    gun shy about it this time but on june 30 I had my
    L5 and S1 so far its ok but time will tell