Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So new we have to guess the diagnosis..

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi. I'm so new, I did a post and I can't find it again! I am seeing a neurosurgeon for a consult next month, I have no idea what they will say, they want to see me as they have just looked at my mri. I thought I would start my research early with experienced patients before I have the fun of some sort of procedure. I am a 45 year old very active male, have had overuse issues with my neck for years as a professional musician, but now I am having pins and needles, numbness in my right hand, forearm, bicep and under the shoulder blade along with neck pain and headaches. Thought it was the sinuses, but a revision surgery this last May failed to cure the headaches, although I did need the surgery for the blocked frontal sinus part, at least. I'm in the initial phase of trying to solve this, dealing with the pain, trying to see the proper people, etc. I'm thinking I can post my mri info and someone here will probably know what I am going to hear from the neurosurgeon. I'm thinking foraminotomy, but I haven't seen the films and I'm no doc, I just pretend to be one after a little internet research. I'll be back to post more when I have some actual information. Thanks for help way, way in advance, and do have fun with my new game I'm calling "Let's Guess The Procedure"!!! (It's my goal to retain my sense of humor until the last possible moment..)

MRI 6/17/09
Findings: Cervicomedullary junction appears normal. Cervical spinal cord is normal signal intensity and contour. There is a mild cervical kyphosis.
C2-3 Normal
C3-4 Mild disc desiccation. No focal disc herniation or stenosis
C4-5 Mild disc space narrowing and degeneration. Mild bilateral facet arthritis. There is a very small left paracentral disc bulge without apparent root cord compression.
C5-6 Moderate disc space narrowing and degeneration with marginal osteophyte formation. There are Modic Type 1 changes of the endplates indicating edema. There is a very mild retrolisthesis of C5 on C6 of 1-2 mm. Mild bilateral facet arthritis. Best appreciated on the oblique foraminal views is moderate right foraminal stenosis with compression of the exiting right C6 nerve root. This appears to be secondary to a chronic disc/osteophyte complex.
C6-7 Moderate disc space narrowing and degeneration. There is bilateral facet arthritis. Asymmetric left foraminal osteophyte is associated mild left foraminal stenosis.
C7-T1 Normal disc space level
Impression: Degenerative disc changes C5-6 with Modic type 1 changes indicating edema. Disc/osteophyte complex is associated with right foraminal stenosis and compression of exiting right C6 nerve root. Degenerative disc and facet changes at additional levels as noted.