Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pilates Here I Come!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,461
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I had a massage this past Sunday and really enjoyed the therapist. She's also a Pilates instructor and zeroed in on my muscle/pain idiosycrises She seemed to really understand anatomy. So after this meeting and the fact I just gave up an expensive gym membership, I decided trying a small Plates Studio with the notion of getting personalized care at half the cost. A better choice at this point vs. from when I started with the big gym. Unfortunately this therapist/instructors studio is some distance from my home and I want to set myself up to succeed. Anyway there is a small studio in my little town. So I checked it out today, got a little tour and even tried out some of the machinary under a instructors care. I was impressed there were a number of elderly working out whom were seriously hunched over and even one middle aged woman whom obviously had a stroke ---all working out in their own way. Never something I'd see at my gym. I mostly felt lost at that gym. Anyway, I decided I would give this studio a try.

I was suppose to have ear surgery this week (hearing implant--I'm deaf) but I'd worried this surgery would create even worse pain then I'm already struggling with. So I cancelled it. I've rescheduled for Oct and will work towards strengthening. So hopefully with this Pilates work by October I'll be in a better condiition on many levels.

I start my Pilates instruction tomorrow! I'm excited. The instructor/owner is a Naturalpathic doctor and Pilates instructor. We'll start on the machines. I'll receive instruction w/my workout once per week and work out on my own two or more days if I like. Kee p you posted!
advertisement

Comments

advertisement