Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Stop Smoking
hello all,
well ive went to the docs this morning and got 2wks supply off patches.
i hope with the support and guidances off all my spiney family that stopping smoking will be a lot easier.
ill keep intouch.

• Well, well, good for you Mrs P - I wish you all the best, go for it.

I also wish your family all the best (not sure I'd want to be around with Mrs P giving up her fags).

Seriously, I have every confidence in you, I know what you are like when you put your mind to something. Be prepared for some nagging from Mrs D though (again)!

• Good for you P, I will make sure I dont chat with you for a couple of weeks. Ha, just kidding, I'm sure it will be trying, but you can do it for sure. Now it will just be tea breaks and putting on a new patch.

Hope all is well and I will talk to you soon.................Mitch
  • You go girl........go paula go paula! on a serious note i reallly do hope you keep it up and think of all that money you will save paula you could even redecorate the dingle van :))( :))( lol
  • best of luck to you sweetie...you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good for you! You can do this, and just think how much better you will feel down the road.

I should be on later if you want to chat. And when you normally first get up and have your cuppa and a cig, check to see if I am here. I'll talk you through the craving, and we can have fun laughing at the same time.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • hello all and thanks for the support,it really does help.
    well as yo can see day 13 and im still off them.
    ive been in my van this past few weeks just popping up and down to get some laundry done.
    so the fresh air in the country side has helped me.
    i havent touched a ciggy and i feel so so proud off myself!!
    yes ive had a few cravings put havent fell off the wagon yet!!!
    thanks for the support you lot its great to know you all care.

LOVE P
  • As an ex-smoker (been about 7 years I think now) that actually traded the cigs for the gum for 2 years, and finally decided to do the patch, I can honestly say the patch works SO much better.

Heres to a long life without a smelly stick perched in our mouths! <:P
  • just popped by to let you all know im still off the smokes thats 8weeks now!!!
    im so proud off myself didnt thin i would do so well.

LOVE P
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Paula

Well done!

That is such good news and encouragement for others wanting to give up.
    You have ever right to feel proud

TC and hope to chat soon
    Liz xxx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Way to go Paula....I wish they had a patch to quit eating Chocolate....hehehehe... you must feel good about yourself emotionally and physically.
  • That is so great Paula, good going. It takes a lot of will power to quit smoking and it looks like you got it.
  • That is so great Paula, good going. It takes a lot of will power to quit smoking and it looks like you got it.
  • Glad to hear it. I'm 4 months off. Rarely get an urge to smoke anymore.

Whatever you do don't give in to an urge. I did and after a year of not smoking had just 1... and then another... and so on. Took me a few months to try shaking it again. I'm actually enjoying being smoke free now.