Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Second day out of ACDF c-4-6 need advice PLEASE

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
Need some input please this is way worse then I could of ever expected.
Had acdfsurgery monday night with a cage no bone just artificial piece (is what the dr told hubby) of c4-7 the pain is so so bad. The back of my neck where procedure was done is burning like an SOB. My throat is so sore with a big lump feeling can bearly get anything down even with a straw and mouth is so dry I wake up feeling like am gasping for air.
Dr has me on perc's and valium to sleep (not working)
Is all this normal? When can I expect to feel any better at all? Sorry to dump on you guys. Just been in tears for two days afraid something is not right.
Thanks for listening any in put greatly appreciated.

• I have not had your particular surgery but wanted to respond right away. From reading many others' posts, what you are experiencing is very normal. Try to relax a bit, if at all possible. When you cry, it causes all the muscles to tense and is probably increasing your level of pain.

I'm sure others who have had this surgery will be responding soon to reassure you and to offer some tips on how to handle all this.

Try to focus on the positive and concentrate on breathing deeply and slowly. Follow each breath in and back out. This will help to relax you while you await answers from others!

XX Gwennie
  • just wanted to post to say i hope you get to feeling better soon havent had my surgery yet so i dont know alot . i will say a prayer for you, heres a soft hug for you >:D< Rebel Renee