Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Starting WW Thursday

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Hi all-

I have decided to take the plung and join Weight Watchers on Thursday with my DH. I am very excited to make the committment to losing weight and living healthier!

My biggest worry is that right now I know that at times I eat to feel another sensation rather than pain. I knew that a lot of you would probably be able to relate to this. Any suggestions for dealing w/ it? (Although I have to say I have been overweight since I was young, so my weight wasn't caused by my pain).

A little background- my history is below, I had fusion on 12/3/08 and still have ongoing back and leg pain. My neurosurgeon just referred me back to my former pain management Dr. My pain management Dr. just performed a bilateral medial nerve block for the facet joints on Monday, but so far it hasn't helped. He also gave me the "you need to loose weight" speech. I don't think that loosing weight will solve all of my back problems, but at this point, if it can decrease my pain by a couple of points I am willing to put the work in. Have any of you who have back problems and lost weight noticed a decrease in your back pain?

• good luck with your WW. <:P stop by the post by benji "under week 2...." we would love top have you be part of the group. :D anyway, hope to see you around. =D> good luck again! Jenny :)
  • Hi all-

Well, I am still on Weight Watchers and I have lost a total of 22 pds as of last Friday. All this while going through further treatment for my back including a spinal cord stimulator trial and implant. I am still limited on what exercise I can do (walking) by my Dr. so most of my loss has come from changes to my diet. The loss has been slow but that is what the plan recommends to keep it off. I am feeling good now between the SCS and the weight loss. I still have a lot more weight to loose, but now I know I can do it. I don't care if it takes me a long time because I know that this is the way I need to eat now for my health and to ease the burden on my back.

For those of you that are struggling, don't give up! We can do this and feel better as a result.
  • congratulations on your weight loss!! <:P you are doing it the right way. slow and steady.. =D> you should be so proud of yourself. <:P good luck on the next set of pounds coming up.. you can do it!!!!! :D Jenny :)
  • Congrats! That is awesome. I am envious of your weight loss.

Do you think the 22# loss has made any difference with your back?
  • Congrats on your weightloss!! keep it up! I lost 100 pounds on weight watchers. I lost 55 on my last weight watchers try and that was 2ish years ago..ive kept it off for about 1yr 4months and am a lifetime member. I lost the 55lbs b/t my first and second surgiers with out much excersize due to the pain and my conditions, so it was all diet change, which IS a lifestyle chage. I also kept it off with diet alone. WW really teaches you how to eat and what to eat. Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.