Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i think i dislocated my toe

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Tried to do something 'free' with the kids yesterday - went to the city rec center to swim - good for them and me. I was playing tag with them, treading water and did not realize i was in the swallower end. Then I banged my foot on the bottom of the pool floor.

now i can't use the outside of my foot and it looks really weird. now another visit to the hospital and more medical bills - just what we need.

• Ouch. People don't realize how much pain a dislocation of a toe can cause!!! I did this a few years ago on one of my many "trips" (lol) down the stairs, and after 2 xrays, I believed them that it had only been dislocated... They only had me take it easy, wasn't necessary to "reduce" it, so I guess I dodged another pain bullet there.

Good luck at the hospital, and feel better!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    Until you do something with your foot (ankle, toes, etc) you dont realize how much you need them to move around. Probably one of the worst problems is when you have the problem with your big toe.

Depending on how out-of-joint your toe is, you might be able to put it back in place. I've had to do that with my fingers countless number of times when I was active playing sports. If you toe stays dislocated and is not put in, there is a chance it will stay out of alignment.

Looking at the positive ( where ever it comes ) this might be taking your mind of your spine.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The toe (baby toe left foot) is not broken or dislocated - thank goodness. - but hurts like He double hockey sticks! It certainly feels like a break (broke my right baby toe @ 4 years ago - in 2 spots) - but it is good news - just have to stay off of it and ice!

Thanks for the well wishes and perhaps this is a good distraction to the spine!? Now i just walk funny and to be honest twisting my back up something aweful - oh well, tomorrow is another day.