Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Finally made that rheumy appointment and found hope

Faith MFFaith M Posts: 287
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
When I call for appointments, it's rare that I find a helpful and hopeful person on the line. But I found one today! I've been nervous to make this appt. to find out how widespread my arthritis is. She was so kind and let me talk. She said Dr. would have supplements I can take w/my meds and that they would help alot. And that he'd help me to slow the progression of this. I know I have arthritis in my hands,toes,neck and back. I'm concerned I also have it in my ankles,hips,knees,elbows,wrists and shoulders. I guess that covers every joint! I am really not feeling well at all. It has rained here for 4 days in a row! I'm glad that someone out there in the medical field took the time to talk to me and listen today. She gave me a ray of hope. I will thank her when I see her.
Faith M

• That's wonderful, Faith! It's so refreshing to actually get the respect (every human deserves) from a health care professional. It just doesn't seem to happen often enough if our spiney family is any indication. I would guess on average it takes years to earn respect from doctors (if able to stick with them), or to find one that gives you the "benefit of the doubt" and treats you respectfully right off the bat. Strange that the one place I have found I get the greatest amount of respect from everyone I speak to is the one place I can't go to for continued care: The hospital.

I'm very happy for you, and hope this means you will find an understanding and sympathetic ear from this Rheumatologist and his staff, and get the care you need to obtain a more "livable" existence!

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hi Faith,
    I know how you feel, it was a turning point in my life over 20 years ago. I hope you have the same good care and communication that I have received.
    Keep us posted here on your new journey.
  • Hey Faith!
    Way to go! Glad to hear you finally took that big step. I sure hope the app't goes as well as your initial contact with the office staff. I truly don't think you will be disappointed. My rheumy is the one dr who looks at me totally, the whole "big picture." Just hang in there until you see him. And let us know how it goes right a way . Hugs,

• You have all given me such supportive and positive feedback on this. I appreciate it! I may not have made this appt. without all of you strongly suggesting it. I have some hope now that I can get to feeling a bit better. This summer everyone wants me to travel. My parents wanted me to go to Spain, my brother wants me to go to Jersey Shore and my sister-in-law wants us to go to Arizona. It's been dissapointing turning everyone down but I don't feel up to traveling. But oh how I'd LOVE to go! I hope this Dr. has some new tricks up his sleeve,I'm actually looking forward to this appt. Marti I hope you're doing ok, how did your appt. go? Thanks for the hug and here's one right back at ya! >:D<
    Faith M
  • I just wondered how your surgery went that fused your toes? Are you glad you had it done?

Faith ~

Glad you found someone to listen to you -- it is so rare!! Hope the rheumy can provide some relief.
This discussion has been closed.