Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Alif/Plif 360 Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been experiencing terrible lower back pain for some time now due to a Pars Defect in my L5 disk. Along with the pars defect i have fractures at L2 and L3, degenerative disk disease, and kyphosis. In 2 weeks I am getting a 360 fusion on my L5. If anyone has had this surgery could you please help me out and let me know what it was like after the surgery and how long it took to fully recover? I know i will be in the hospital for 3-5 days but how long does it take for the pain from the surgery to recede? And how long did it take for you to be able to fully function and move? Thanks.

• Each person is different. I had a L4-S1 360 ALIF back in 2007.

Some people bounce back pretty fast while others have a slower recovery. Expect 3-6 months for fusion to happen and about 1 year to be cleared by your doctor (provided he/she does follow up appointments).

Aqua therapy is great for getting your muscles moving again after surgery. The key is to be compliant with what your doctor says to do/not do.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2