Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all , just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. I am Brandy 28 yr old mother of 4 from Florida. Have socliosis,arthiritis, DDD, bulging disc L-5 , some leg issues, neck issues and suspected fibro. Havent had any surgeries on the back yet, trying to avoid that, but in process of injections and differ procedures to try and get some relief. Came across this site researching some procedures and decided to stay a while, can always use support and friendship ecspecially from those who know what u r going through!! Thanks all ;-)

• Welcome to the forum!! If you need anything at all, just drop a line!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I have some similar lower back issues and some cervical also but thank goodness no problems right now in that area. How are the injections working for you? Take care and hope you don't feel so alone now. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Brandy,
    Sorry you're here because of pain...but,you will find lots of information and support as well.You must be a busy lady with 4 little ones...I only have one and she kicks my butt! What are you currently doing for your spine issues? I can certainly see why you would want to avoid surgery if possible.Keep us posted and have a great day. Sagehen
  • Brandy and welcome to the forum. There are so many people here that are kind , caring and compassionate and we all understand what you are going through. You are not alone in all of this , we are here with you. If there is ever anything that I can do for you then please just let me know. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. Take care....Miki
  • thought i would post my history for ya lol
    *** A little bit of history ***
    Scoliosis diagnosed at 12yrs of age, not bad of enough for surgery
    Bulging Disc L-5/S-1
    Facet joint issues
    Schmorl node endplate of L-2
    My lovely lil friend ARTHIRITIS
    Suspected Fibro
    Reversal of normal Cervical lordosis(or as DR calls it "old lady neck"lol)
    Cervial muscle issues (numbness and tingling in neck and shoulder)
    **have tried**
    PT ..lawd help me!! made me worse couldnt stand up straight for 2 weeks!!
    Epidural injections, u guessed in made it worse
    Facet joint injection, helped some
    Considering Radio Frequency Lesioning
    Going for trigger point in neck and shoulder next month
    Have cut my meds..Robaxin 750 4X a day Percocet 5 2X a day
    *I am a wife of 11 yrs and mother of 4 love my family and wish I could be more to them!!*
  • Welcome to SH :H I totally understand how it is to live with chronic pain. It's very difficult and I can't imagine how you do it with 4 kids...you're my hero :D Anyway, we're glad to have you onboard and look forward to getting to know you. Take care O:)
  • Hello & Welcome!

You've made a good choice in joining us here at Spine-Health, as there's so many folks that will be more than willing to share their experiences, kind words of encouragement and advice when asked for!

It looks as though you've got a plate full of issues that need to be addressed and hopefully soon...having your hands full with 4 little ones makes it a bit more urgent I'm sure!

Take care and best wishes to you, keep your eyes focused on the prize and don't get discouraged...in time you'll be looking back on these days just "remembering when"!