Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

went for a short walk yesterday...;>)

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Good News

My wife and I decided to go for a walk yesterday (July 4) and we decided to see how far I could walk so we went to the pond across from Green's Marine here in Allenstown (or is it really Hooksett???).

I brought my camera... the webpage I made has a lot of pics and may take some time to load on dialup. I also made a map of where we walked and put a few pics together in landscape mode from the individual pics i took.

We got rained on a lot and badly bit and my wife had a tick on her leg when we got home. I on the other hand was the one who went through the brush to get close to various water bodies to get pics and didn't get any ticks...

It took us two hours and I don't want to do it again without some form of motive power (anyone wanna give away their segway???).

Did i mention there was a TON OF HORSEFLIES????
It was bad on the walk/run/scream way back...

It's a beautiful area though and we met a some guys in a jon boat that said there's lotsa bass and pickerel. We saw some snakes and lotsa HORSEFLIES!!!

Next time i'm bringing a flyswatter, a case of Raid and chlorine gas bombs and having air support drop napalm...

I mentioned horseflies yes...?

• :H Thanks for the virtual walk! I am calm and peaceful after looking at all the pictures and, you know what, don't have a bite on me! :))(

I have this mental picture of you and your wife sitting at home trying not to scratch all those horse fly bites. Are you still married or has she asked for a divorce after that little walk about?!

One look at that snake and I'd have been kicking up dust down the trail getting the hell outta there -- not a big fan of snakes. (Digressing, a snake story, it was on the news here in Orlando this week, a 2 year old was killed by a pet python that crawled in her crib and suffocated her. The snake was in an aquarium with a blanket thrown on top. What were the parents thinking? NOT!)

Anyway, other than the bites driving you crazy how did your body react to that walk?

Thanks for the pics and the laugh. Love your crazy sense of humor.

Take care,

• "short walk" haha. Nice pics, and I know I could never have walked that far, what was the distance?
  • By my calculations, it was about 6.3 miles total.

Thankfully when I get bit i don't swell or anything so i'd let a few land, bite, then kill them, especially when i stop to take pictures!!!

The wife had no bite marks either but she swells when she gets bit by mosquitoes! And yes, we're still married (barely)...;>)

The original idea this weekend was to get a room Friday & Saturday night at a hotel in Manchester that overlooks where the Friday night fireworks were going to be. She took Saturday off from her part time job at Wallfart, then Thursday she found out that Manchester moved the FW's to Sunday night (tonight).

So to not make her 'weekend' a total loss, i suggested a short walk to see the pond to scout it for fishing purposes and she agreed and wanted to see how far I could walk (standing is about 5 minutes) to see if it's worth even thinking about fishing anymore (i haven't gotten the canoe out from under the house [double wide mobile home] in 3 years).

I had my meds that morning before I mowed and took more before we left.
    I bought beer on the way home and had a few bottles while safely back in my recliner & heating pad!!!

I'm not much of a beer fan anymore and a few hours later, started the meds and water again.

Then she wanted to play cards so we and my daughter & her fiance' sat at the kitchen table (with a pillow in the chair) and played a few rounds.

I survived my wifes day off...;>)
    Today has been nice & slow and IT'S NOT RAINING!!!!

oh, and my f'n neighbors did their usual fireworks thing and wound up scaring the cat at some point because when I was finally able to crawl in bed, i pulled the sheet back and saw the BIG wet spot...

A perfect ending to a perfect day

• Thank you for taking us on the hike. The scenery was awesome, I didn't get bitten and my appetite is ready for a picnic lunch.Gave me an idea to get my husband to video his trips in the bush, before he does the killing stuff-deer, wild pigs etc..Hopefully my "computer-tutors" (kids) will help me put it on-line and see what you think of New Zealand and how it compares. Thank you for the anecdotes with the pics, always have a laugh with/at you and your humour - Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • Well, if either of you are in the pics/video, make sure you dress up like Xena or Hercules...;>)
    Preferably Xena...;>)

You, not yer hubby!!!!
  • Gosh-you are such a "Funny-Boy" I think the closest thing to a movie icon would be a hobbit-have the hunched look down pat.Not sure about the dress thing for hubby, he has donned a tutu for a fundraiser-fluro pink with steel-cap boots-reminder of why I fancied him. Thanks for the laugh and a reminder to try ways to live life to the full-and laugh along the way. Have a video from inside of race-car when I drove and raced, will relive the adrenalin rush again-Hugs n' Loves-Paula
  • What a colorful story. Better bring a saddle for the horseflies. Glad you had a nice day. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Ya know, running, even in spurts, is not good for bad thoracic disks....;>)
    I gotta find some way to get there w/out walking...;>)