Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical facet injections...no work for me

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Spinal Injections
I had cervical facet injections 10 days ago,I felt pretty good for about 2 hours...I have had bilateral SI joint injections that gave about 2 weeks relief,trigger point,did nada,will be getting lumbar epidural(hope that does SOMETHING),I could just scream.....I am so tired of feeling this way,and this way is getting worse....I cannot even imagine anymore surgery.So I have got to find something for relief. What else is there? For pain relief? I stretch as much as I can,I do as much as I can,I can't sleep(even with the neurontin now)Ice,heat,ice heat...walk.sit,rest,walk,painkiller,muscle relaxer,ice ,heat....occupy my brain,think positive,do for others,I tell ya,I am at a loss here.I am so miserable.
How could I be getting worse? I guess I thought these 2 fusion surgeries would do something more.....or the things that are getting worse are overshadowing the good the surgeries have done. I don't know,but I am exhausted.
Any feedback ? Thanks Sagehen

• hi, your friend pete here again. so sorry that things are getting worse for you. you wake up and can feel that youve gone down hill again. when youre hoping things will get better and then they regress. it's just not fair!!! been there seen that. everyday i get up and i think boy this is a good day because tomorrow will be worse. i dont know why i am happy but i am. i wish i could bottle it and give it to you.
    well all i can offer is my cyber friendship so if you ever want to cry a bit on my shoulders feel free to do so.
    best to you from a concerned pete
  • Sagehen, I'm so sorry you feel this way.

I had about 3 days of relief from cervical facet injections and this indicated that ablation would likely help me out alot. I had the ablation 2 weeks ago (Occipital & cervical), still having side effects and still waiting to see if it'll work.
    I was just wondering if your doc has mentioned this option to you since you did experience some relief from the facet injections- that usually indicates that ablation would be effective.

Good luck!
  • You know today is a better day for me,I actually got some sleep last nite.I have been doing some reading about the type of pain I am having and think I have hit the nail on the head.I think my troubles are in my hips,osteitis pubis,it describes me to a T,and the good thing is no surgery required for "fixing" it. Just PT...so I will speak with my Dr about this and see what he thinks.
    You do look like a happy camper Pete,and thanks,a positive spirit permeates through anything,even cyberspace.
    40 years is a long time to be in pain...did your surgeries give you any relief? You have a good day! Sagehen