Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

finally getting an mri on my back

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had my doctors apt. this morning to disguss the urinary problem and the leg numbness i've been having.At first she said that she only did mri's on people who were going to have surgery and she absolutely didn't want me having more surgery on my back. Then i started to tell her about what's been happening with my thoracic spine and the urinary frequency,she said that the tests that the lab did on my urine didn't show any infection.I told her that since i took the meds.that the frequency has slowed down but i still had some feeling of pressure and i still have times where i have to go back in after i've just gone feeling like i haven't emptied my bladder.she said she wanted to do a couple more tests on my urine to rule out some other things and make sure that it isn't just a bladder problem. Then she had said to me so the numbness has just been going on for a couple of weeks as well and i said no that my legs have been numb for at least six weeks now ,thats when i called to get into see her and i got the apt. for six weeks later. I told her that when my therapist had found out my legs were numb he called and tried to get me into see her and was told she was full up and i couldn't get a sooner apt. She was furious that her secretary didn't squeeze me in the day he called and then she told me that she'd do an mri to see what was going on with my back. So i got the papers filled out before i left and they said they'd call with the apt. date.Hopefully this will give me some answers.

• I hate the front desk people that don't take things as seriously as the doc does. What would it have hurt for the secretary to take the time to just ask? Argggg!

Anyway, I hope your MRI is soon (bet it will be) and I'm anxious to see what the doc says about the results.

Hang in there and I'm send a big, but gentle hug.
  • cath,i know the doc. was really not happy when i told her that,i'm sure she said something to her secretary after i left.i'm hoping something shows on the mri,not that i want bad news but it sure would help figure out whats going on with my back. Next time i have something serious like that happening and she won't fit me in i'm just going to ask to talk to the doctor personally.
  • I figured that you'd bypass the idiot at the front desk in the future, assuming she still works there.

I know exactly what you mean about the MRI. In Feb I started having back pain and sciatica and was glad to see that my MRI two weeks ago showed why.

We learn on these forums that there are too many people that have pain and their docs can't find out why. With that in mind, it's comforting to know that there will be a course of action because our pain can be defined when there are others that have to wait it out.

Take care.
  • I hope your doctor gets to the bottom of this ASAP. It's so inexcusable for the front office to drop the ball like that, esp with something that sounds serious. Please let us know how your MRI goes. Take care >:D<
  • no worries once i have the mri done i'll post again and let everyone know what it says. hopefully i'll have my answers then.
  • Hopefully you find the answers you are seeking. My aunt had been having problems with her bladder for a long, long time. They kept thinking they were bladder infections. Finally found out she has a herniated disc in her lower back pressing on the exact nerve that goes to the bladder. Sadly though, she's still waiting to see a neuro and it's been a few months already.