Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Struggling to find non-medical speak info on the net

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:32 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, new to the site. I sustained wedge fracture to L1 in Feb due to an accident. Did not have surgery at the time but still in pain and now may be offered sugery pending MRI results next week. Trying to find out more info on line but all very technical. Found mostly info on osteoperosis causing this type of fracture (I'm 27 and am otherwise overweight but well). I want some kind of time line of recovery - although I am slowly improving, 5 months on and wondering if and when the pain may stop?!

• Hello pumpkin! For non-medical speak you've come to the right place! Did you already have your MRI, or do you go in next week? Or, do you go in to find out your results?

If you are just waiting for results, try not to get the urge to get your results early!! Nothing stinks more than to me looking at impressions with on the clue of looking up certain words online. Also, something that can sound super horrible, may not be so bad when put in context with your history, pain levels, and symptoms.

Human nature demands we worry when our health is less than perfect for such a long time, but try not to!

Welcome to the family!

• theres been a few folks here that have had this injury. i'm not one of them.
    i imagine youve been in a brace for these 5 months. treatment depends on what % of the vertebrae has been damaged. people with this injury can sustain pain for a very long time. in some cases cement is added to the bone to stabilize it. i would get a couple of opinions from surgeons.
    hope its not too bad
    if you type WEDGE FRACTURE into the SH search engine you'll see a few stories from members here.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. take a look throughout the forum, i hope you find info to help you. :? please be patient with your body and give it time to heal. :D you can always contact your doctor., :-C good luck and keep us informed! Jenny :)
  • sorry-sticky fingers- :D Jenny :)
  • Thanks. Yes have been in brace, though now am allowed to have it off when in the house, which has been great recently as it's been so hot! Am getting the results of my MRI next week. I don't know what percentage is damaged, only that it has been getting worse. I will ask that when I see my consultant.