Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

stuck by an atv as I was standing at my boys ball game...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
New here, but really looking for some advice and support, and just the chance to talk to others that have some of the same issues.
In the first week of June, I was standing at a ball park watching my boy play, when the next thing I know I'm waking up on the ground in severe pain, crying, looking at my childrens faces. Being asked if I could wiggle my toes.. etc. Ambulance took me to the hospital, worse pain I had was underneath my right shoulder blade over to my spine. Xrays, nothing broken. PT started a couple weeks later, unable to work. Did MRI on should to be sure no tear to rotator cuff (spelling..sry) all was ok.. PT has been going very slowly.. as I'm still extremely tender in that same area, and they are unable to do much. Did the taping on my back in between appointments, went to the T.E.N.S unit now, seems to help bring a bit of relief although, it's continually there. Have 3 diff. pain killers for different times in a day, muscle relaxers. I have tried cutting back on the meds, but end up going backwards hurting more :( I have an MRI scheduled this next week for my back, just to be sure it's not something besides extremely sore muscles. I've not been able to work, lucky to have disability insurance for now, but scared. It's not enough to cover the things I and my family need. No extras for my kids. :(
I've hired an atty, and there is not problem with winning a case, the negligence is already proven.. just told have to wait til a point comes where it's gotten better or it won't. Hard to explain that to my mortgage ppl, my vehicle payments :( I'm really feeling scared cause of the pain, and because of what I might lose because of this. I worry my employer may find someone to replace me.. then what? All the what if's.. and how comes... How have some of you coped with some of these issues. Have you had back injuries that perhaps there is always been some continue pain even if it gets somewhat better. I'm limited to driving when only necessary, can't attend many of my childrens activites unless I have someone to drive me, and then I still have problems, can only sit or stand for so long. Am not sleeping very well.
Any thoughts, suggestions, comments are certainly welcome.
Thank you for listening!

• so sorry to hear your story. i can feel the sadness you feel. there have been many people in this community of friends whos lives have been put on hold by an accident. all i can do is relate to the frustration you feel. :>
    now is the time you need help. >:D< whether from family or friends or even this support group here at spine-health. i have mentioned to may people here that the three best words for killing pain are...ASK FOR HELP. don't put it all on your shoulders. you are recouperating now. :$ don't push yourself too much.
    give the kids some more chores and responsibilities. 8} it will be good for them.
    on the good side it seems you don't have major physical damage. i guess you could even call yourself lucky. :/ in time the pain will subside. the law suite may put you in better shape $ wise.
    is it true that people in a small town are more likely to help out their neighbor?
    we are a small town group of friends who would like to help
    pete :H