Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What would we do without Spine-Health?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Matters of the Heart
For 5 hours this morning, I was unable to connect to Spine-Health.

I have to say, I almost went through the full spectrum of mourning:

Disbelief (that this lifeline could be gone for good.)

Anxiety, not knowing what to do.

Giving up/in (to the possibility I may never speak to my friends here ever again.)

Sadness, and a great feeling of loss

And finally, although I don't believe this is in the spectrum of mourning, RELIEF that I finally figured it out.

It was extremely eye-opening. I come here for a dose of feeling as though I'm making a difference, it gives me a great satisfaction to try to help others, and in helping others, I help myself.

My question to everyone, and maybe it's been asked, sorry if I'm repeating an old post:

What would YOU do if one day, you had no where to go to be with others that know who we are in pain and anxiety and gladness and despair?

• i did too i thought i was going to freak out . i dont know what happened but i kept getting some crazy lady laying down with a towel on her head or somthing . =)) i thought aw my goodness i have lost all my helpful friends an :SS d its almost time for my surgery. what will i do? but im back and soo happy <:P luv al my spineys renee
  • the spirit of moving ahead with friends that care....what a good journey....nobody stabs you in the back...everyone looks out for the other....if only the whole world could run like SH. well, maybe its a make believe fairyland world but it sure makes my day!!!!
    pete O:) O:)
  • Why is Spine-Health so important? For me, the answer is simple.

There is absolutely nobody in my life that truly understands how I feel, happy or sad, comfortable or frustrated, pain-free or painful. Some may be "understanding", but they don't really understand. I've learned that when you begin your spine journey, it will never be over and who could possibly be there for the long haul? Who won't get tired of hearing about how it affects my life? Who will accept what I have to say knowing that I've been through it? All our friends at Spine-Health.

This place is a community made up of people that share ONE common issue - our spines. We may post in Water Cooler, or a joke in Lighten and Brighten, or we might ask for support in Chronic Pain or Depression or Coping. You may have cervical, thoracic or lumbar issues, but WE KNOW how you feel, WE'VE WALKED in your shoes and most of us can't say that about ANYONE that's our colleague, friend or family.

What a wonderful thing - a place to go where I'm comfortable talking about my spine issue and where I'll be heard. Where else can you go?

Nah, I don't like it much here.
  • Simple, I would immediatley do to the Drs office to increase my depression meds!!! Because this site and my friends have been there for me soooo much, I would go off the deep end. Well maybe not, but I would be affected greatly. I am on the site many times during the day and night. Sleeping isnt one of my good things right now, and something or someone is always here for me. Please dont take my sunshine away! =))
  • What would I do without Spine Health? I'd quit my job, give up & become a dredge on society. Like iowarobin, this site has a huge (and I do mean HUGE) affect on my mental state.
  • Well - there are times that the networks crash, just like our nerve centers and spines, except we can re-boot them and get things working again!

Wish I could reboot my CPU, LOL
  • I went into panic. image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> As living in country where English is not the language, spine-health is the main source of information.

Funny story in hindsight =)) but 2 weekends ago the ADSL modem (provided by the internet and telephone provider) failed (thought they would just need to reset the port and 5 minute job) so had no internet or telephone (meaning hospital and even non-spiney family could not reach me. As do not use work mobile for personal international calls could not reach them either. The image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> provider said would take 3 days and later when checking consignment details was told they had logistics problem and possibly 3 weeks to get a replacement. ~X( X( :O

As could barely walk I panicked and made:
    1. registered complaint to Consumer Affairs }:) (but would not intervene) ~X(
    2. Local Government (Expatriate Help Desk }:) who rang but got no-where, and
    3. Asked a friend (former ambassador and in Department of Foreign Affairs) if he knew the Ombudsman to intervene }:) (did not know Ombudsman but did ring on my behalf and offered to go and purchase another modem for me during his lunch hour) O:) .

My replacement Modem arrived next day (probably would have without intervention) :D . I might add the Digital Television had been cut off because of incompetence by the provider to change the account details properly but was already prepaid (to which they apologized and issued refund notice) so I was already upset, bored, and then unable to log into work to check systems as well as pain. I believe I posted a question some days earlier on the impact of narcotics on mood swings I was experiencing so the lesson is: Don’t mess with X( new Spiney recently put on Opium @) based medication :D =))