Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Heartbroken by HOAX

WendeWWende Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Matters of the Heart
I am writing this to address a very serious subject within the chatroom. Recently, we were advised that a member of our chat group and whom we thought of as a friend C = Carl had cancer and passed away. To find out yesterday it was a hoax! A HOAX! I am shocked , heartbroken saddened. I have so much to say and will start with what I said in chat when Carl came to chat earlier. At first I didn't want to speak to Carl at all but, realized I had quite alot to say. I feel for the most part the people in chat are lovely people who have serious physcial problems and need support and help and not the stress and BS of a lie......IT IS WRONG!! Carl I hope your reading this.... I have no desire to talk to you! I hope many of the other people who were told of this death, and resurrection feel the same as me! I don't believe a thing that was said by you for the last few weeks.
It gives other chatters who have not told their story a very hard issue... BELIEF! People who have been in the chat a long time who will need to tell others something seriously is wrong with them the inability to tell people now because someone won't believe them all because you thought it would be a good idea! To fake your death! I think what you did is dishonest and disgusting!
I don't want to hear the excuses I have no use for this issue! I think it is wrong and I wish something would have been done to stop you long ago!
I hope you get the help you greatly need! It is obvious you have some serious mental issues!

Get some help!

• This is my safe place, I don't like posers and fakers.
  • how someone could deceive us so badly. It is horrible to even lie about having cancer let alone dying from cancer. I could not believe Carl had the nerve to show up in chat last night and say it was all his brother's doing. If by chance it was true the first thing I would think a person would do is issue an apology to all for the lies that were said. We were all heart broken to hear that he had died. There has been a lot of questions about how true Carl's story was but as good people a lot of us gave him the benefit of doubt. BOY were we wrong!!! I never want to chat with Carl again and will put ignore on if by chance he does come in while I am there. You hurt people that truly need support and that is unforgiveable.

Get help!!
  • I can't believe how a person can lie about having cancer and dying. Some of us were really concerned about you "Carl" and it makes me angry and sad to know that all that you said to us was/is nothing but a sick lie. Like Wende said, you need some serious help! Don't expect us (the people who feel this way) to hear and much less believe anymore of your lies. I won't say anymore...people like you are not worth my time.

• For the first time ever, I'm at a loss for words.... but it reminds me of a recent post regarding Munchausen by Internet. Truly unforgiveable.
  • It is sad another member would do that,there was a post in the forum too...
    GOD BLESS SH Member "C" Carl

(Please pray for SH member,"C" Carl, as he is not doing well. His brother came in yesterday to let Carl's spiney friends know that the family is not expecting good news. Carl had told his friends in SH chat that he had to have his kidney removed and that his cancer had spread to his liver a few months ago. I know that many of us that were having trouble sleeping were chatting late into the night with him. He has been fighting a tough battle. I believe that he is in a cardiac ICU unit at this time. I hope that I have gotten all the information right. Please pray for a kind and strong man that has had so much to share with our community.

glo)it is a issue of trust.....
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    as a very serious forum rule violation. I only hope this type of action stops... If it does, great we can go onto other things, if it doesnt stop, then I will make sure anyone associated with is dealt with.
    So many members are here to get advice, to ask questions, etc.. the last thing any of you need is someone trying to play a hoax
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I just wanted to let out a big THANK YOU!!! for replying... I see we all feel the same about this problem. I truly felt for him, now I am just appauled, and sick! Thank you papa ron for doing taking care of this. We do all need to get back to supporting the ones who truly need it.

• To all of you reading this please don't answer this anymore to give him satisfaction from the cruel joke he played on ppl. I actually think it would be best if Ron deleted this thread in its entirity so as not to give him satisfaction of members be upset. He is clearly seeking attention and by carrying this thread on anymore about him we are giving him exactly what he wanted.

The only thing i have to say is Carl or whoever you were becarefull what you wish for cancer a miserable death so when you come down with it remember this day.
  • Carl, please get help
    Munchausen by Internet is a type of factitious disorder which uses the Internet's easy access to a broad audience. It is not recognized by the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). The term was coined by Marc D Feldman, M.D.[1], in 2000. It specifically relates to Munchausen Syndrome—where a sufferer fakes or induces illness to gain attention and sympathy—and Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSbP), where the sufferer creates fake illnesses in others, or physically harms others. Sufferers of MSbP are often parents who inflict fake illnesses on their child, or children.

Munchausen by Internet provides a twist on MSbP in that the sufferer not only invents the illness but sometimes also invents the people involved.[2] Munchausen By Internet has also been described as virtual factitious disorder[3] and cyberMunch. this is a quote from another member of SH the above. Carl if you read this please get the help you need. SH chat has greatly helped me in times of need. I have made great friends through SH chat and truly don't know what I would have done without some of the friends I have made.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Sorry friends, I never got caught up in that hoax of that big loser. He started talking trash at me the first night I met him in chat. I had nothing to say to him after that and he wasn't worthy of my time. Lets move on to help others here that truly appreciate and need our support. My heart goes out to anyone here that got sucked up into his foolish little game.
  • I have been sucked in and then sucked out by this. A truly horrible deceit to all of us on SH. I also feel, in my opinion, that any hoax, to any degree, is not acceptable here on the forums or in chat. I have had great support here and try hard to provide it to others. I love all my new spiney friends!

Best wishes to all......Marianne

P.S. never never hit the ignore button, it disables the whole website.