Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hardness and pain at inscision site

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi evryone I wanted to update everyone about my surgery
as you probably all know i had surgery on tuesday the 30 of june
went home nezt day I did well all week but this week I have been feeling'a pain
that wont go away
it is worse than the first week it seems to make my surgery site tighter and
to harden up it is very painful when i get up friom bed or a chair when I
walk it seems to loosen up a little I called the doctor and explained it to
them but was told that as long as i am not feeling a redness or a feeling
of heat at the surgery spot then I am probably doing fine I hav a appointment
on july 13 at 9 am will will let you know more details then]

• The hardness around the incision site is what is known as the ridge of healing and that is normal as your incision heals.

I am also have problems this week with extra stiffness that I wasn't having before, once I am up and walking then I start to feel better. It made for a rough night last night since I couldn't roll over because it was very stiff and painful.

I guess these things take time, I see my primary care doctor today, so we will see what she says.
  • thanks Lynne, I am sorry to hear about your rough night, thanks for the
    explaination, I just dont want to do something wrong this time or end up ]
    with an infection lik e last time
    good luck tommorrow and please let me know about the doc visit