Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Too many pages to turn, all insomniac buddies, are you there?

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Sleep Problems
good morning! :H i hope noone minds starting new after more than 2 pages. :? would you prefer to just go on and on and not start new? :? please voice your opinion. :T i am not the boss! who is awake? :D really enjoying the radio tonight!! <:P it was a hard day for me. it was my wedding day but no wedding!! :''( i am glad it is over and a new day is here!! <:P Jeanette, that was only good news about your daughter!! =D> let good eyes be your guide now!! i have not seen jay here lately. he has been doing photo stuff though.. :D good to have some new sleepyheads here!! take it easy all of you!! (|: L, Jenny :>

• don't get out much but went to play last nite. play would put anyone to sleep. so i only woke up for a short while.
    oh...jenny...you are the boss, you started a new thread!!!
    hope you feel better...
    pete >:D<
  • Pete,hi! :H play is a good way to get some sleep!! =D> maybe a game of Yahtzee? LOL! sleep well! :D Jenny :)
  • Hi All,

Most nights I don't get to sleep until 5 or 6 am in the morning. Jenny I just want to say your are right when you said in a post that I sounded sad. I am very sad Jenny. :''( Have had a good few cries. :''( Hope you all spiney friends have a nice week-end. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

• baseball,i am sorry you are so sad, but you have alot to be sad about.. :''( that RSD seems to be really bringing you down.. ~X( know we are here for you, anytime!!! :D try and get some rest.. Hugsss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Just wanted to stop by and say, I hope everyone is feeling well tonight, and are able to catch some ZZZ's!

Hugs and prayers to all!
  • 11:11PM...it is hot here tonight!! ~X( WOW!! :D hotter than all day!! so it's take off the sheets, put on the t-shirt and try and stay cool next to the window! :D a little of an ocean breeze!! (|: alittle "Bobby Jean" by Janis on the radio.. :X who else is hot out there? sleep well sweet angels!! >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi All,

It is 3:45 Am here and very hot. I have 2 fans going in the bedroom. I see my PCP today about my ankle and I see my pain doc today also. I am hoping my PCP says my ankle is better so I don't have to keep using crutches. Jenny I hope you are starting to feel better and not in to much pain. Jeanette hope you are doing OKay and that you daughter is doing fine. Hi Pete and Kat my name is Kate. Hope you are all asleep now I) >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< gentle to all my spiney friends.

• baseball, i know what you mean about it being hot and i am on the ocean!! :D you are inland!! good luck today with your doctors..i know getting off that crutch would be such a relief!! =D> try and get a few hours in!! hello to everyone else awake right now, hi Whyme!! :H and to my sleeping buddies, goodnight! I) L, Jenny :)
  • Have been up since 4 a.m.! Of course, awake a couple of times before that....I had L4/5 fusion a year ago and really think there is a problem happening with L5/S1 now, ughhhhh.

Hi Kate....Best of luck today at your doctor appointments. Hope you get off those crutches and your PM doc gets you a bit more comfortable.

So excited today. Liz, one of SH members, from England and currently living in Morocco, arrives here in Maine! Will get together with Cyn, Eve and Glo too! I need to find out how to put pics here in the forum for all to see.

Hot??? What's that like, lol. Here in Maine our temps are below normal. I actually had to turn up the heat one day! Its only 50 degrees this morning. Have only seen 80 degrees one day.

• Hello my friend Jenny! Fancy running into you at this hour!!! LOL

I have another doc appointment today too, I'm going to see a neurosurgeon this afternoon. Everyone else I've seen has been ortho/spine surgeons. Maybe a little different perspective will do the trick for me...

Yesterday I was fit to be tied, I am so tired of BS when trying to fill my prescriptions, I'm ready to put everything in a bag, drop it on someone's desk and... well, I'll just say that NO ONE will be unclear about what needs to be done with them. I would rather deal with the pain than the headache and hassle I'm having every time I need to get a refill. If it's not the pharmacy lying to me that they'll be able to even fill an Rx (had to go pharmacy shopping that day -- it's not the same as bar-hopping let me tell you that!) then it's someone at the doctor's office lying to me (yesterday he never faxed the authorization -- even though he said he had it in hand and was sending it as soon as I hung up the phone). And this isn't even for some controlled narcotic! I'm out of Tramadol today, I plan on climbing up someone's butt until this is straightened out.
    Sorry for the rant!
  • And gosh how are you Marianne?? Sounds like heaven where you live!!! My wife complains my house is a meatlocker, when it hits 80 I'm ready to move. Like to Alaska or something.
  • marianne, how exciting to get to meet other SH members. =D> talk to jay about pics. he is good and very willing to help.. :D Jay, so good to see you here!! :D rant on my friend, we are here for the bad times as well as the good!! ~X( foulups with our meds makes our lives so much more difficult!! get up there until you get it worked out! =)) Jenny :)
  • Oh, it WILL be worked out. I hope they don't piss me off enough that I make the news. Yesterday I didn't even eat much dinner, I had too much butt to chew on earlier in the day. Today should be great fun. At least it doesn't matter I'm out, I have my doc appointment so I'm not taking anything today. I ought to be a complete train wreck by the time I hobble in his office.... :)

Marianne, how many pictures are we talkin' about? I sent you a PM....

• How many pics, woohoo, who knows, lol! Probably two to three. Want to take pics when I have the lobster bake get-together with Liz, Cyn and Eve. Then, a get together, if all goes well, where Cyn, Liz and I will meet up with Glo at her family's place on the beach in York.

Take care all!

• Hi All,

It is 5:15 AM my time ad I am still up. Well I am on crutches for another week. My authorization to see a dermatologist came in the mail yesterday(Monday). Will make an appt. today. I also got my authorization for physical therapy. Hope all of you doing fine and are asleep right now I) >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< gentle to all my spiney friends. My pain doc gave me a new a sleeping pill to try)as you see it works great).

• Thought I had better drop a note to let everyone know Iam still kickin... We went on a 3 hour one way trip last weekend for a wedding and I still am in lots of pain from the ride, I don't know about you all but I suck at traveling anymore! I have been in bed the last 3 days. Oh well, it will get better in a few days...
    My daughter will be just fine, thanks for asking. The Derm. Dr. called and said that it looks like they got it all. She seems to be doing better since I took the stitches out, seems to be healing fine.
    I hope everyone else is doing alittle better, sounds like we all have things going on right now."The life of a spiney" isn't it wonderful???????
    Hope you guys catch some zzzzzzz"s.
  • I've been up since 4 a.m., but I'm beginning to like this hour, lol. Liz is sawing wood in the guest room, lol. I am so happy she is very comfortable and able to get much needed rest.

Sorry to hear Kate that you still need those dang crutches! Good though so your foot heals up well. What sleeping med did your doc put you on?

Hagd to all of you!

• just checking in on all the sleepless "spineys" here tonight. :? HI!!!! :H my computor is on the fritz but i should get it back tomorrow!! sleep well my friends! (|: happy to hear Liz made it there and is resting!! what fun!! =)) Jeanette, take care sweet one!! :D the price we pay to play doesn't seem right sometimes. all my best! >:D< hugssss, Jenny
  • Just poking in to say hi to everyone!! And I'm glad Liz is seemingly doing well, I hope she enjoys her stay!! Mari, say hi for me!
    Spiney hugs :hug:
  • alittle after 2am and i am still not sleeping!! (|: so good to read of the good things we spineys are doing for each other!! =D> well, i guess i may hit some Soprano reruns or maybe just the radio and you guys.. :? anyone up??? 8} spiney hugsss to all, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi All.

it after 5 am my time ans still no sleep. Have my ankle propped up on pillows and on the heating pad. Doc last week gave me a new sleeping pill which is not working. Hope all of you are having a nice weekend. I am. Will tell you all more on Monday. >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< gentle to all my spiney friends.

• good morning!!! :H can't sleep!! sick as a dog with my tummy!! ~X( i hope some of you are getting some sleep, resting your body parts and dreaming away!! I) Hugsssss, >:D< Jenny :)
  • Hi All,

Saw my PCP today. My ankle is not healing right and I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon. Until I see the orthopedic surgeon I am on crutches still. Hope you all sleep well tonight. It was over the 100's today where I live in CA. Too hot for me.

• baseball, goodness gracious!!! what a thing to have to deal with!!! it is even hot here by the beach!! i layed out on the lounge chair today after spending the afternoon in the pain clinic.. sometimes that can take hours!! it was so nice with the ocean breeze!! well, give those cruthches a good talking to and then start using them again.. gosh, an orthopedic surgeon. so sorry!!! prop it up and try to relax.. i have the "sound" on the radio.. they are playing 3 songs from each artist. the radio can really relax me!! maybe even sleep!! Jenny
  • what a thing to have to deal with when your already in pain!!!But, best to get things taken care of properly so you can be on your way to getting better...
    Jenny, Iam jealous!!!!!I think your very lucky to live close to the ocean, sounds wonderful.Iam tking the kids to the beach up river today, the dogs want to go play also. Very hot here, over 100 everyday.But were going to go cool off and play today. Iam feeling alot better, hope it keeps up...
    Everyone have an awesome day and stay by the air conditioner!!!!

• first time in this comment place. Am still looking for the photos!!
    God am useless at these things ...

Hope you are all having a good time

all the best

• baddeck, glad you stopped by.. =D> jay does alot of the photo work and he does stop by here.. next time you can't sleep, drop by!! :D so who is cruising the air waves tonight? i love listening to the radio at night.. =D> makes the night go by faster.. been quiet here!!! :? has Liz left yet??? well, dear spineys, sleep like newborn puppies!!! >:D< L, Jenny
  • Liz is still here and it's 6 a.m. and she's sleeping like a log. In fact, I think she may be sawing one in her bedroom, LOL! We've done a lot since she has been here, exhausting but having so much fun. We get along so well. She has no newborn baby here to keep her awake, heehee. I'm in more pain from doing so much more than I have done in the past two years, but really don't care since its the best time I have had in so long.

Liz will be flying back to England on Thursday, boo hoo! But we are planning our "reunion" trip next year. Her turn this time, she'll be my tour guide in London if all goes well.

Best wishes to you and to all my spiney friends,

• Hello Ruth, welcome to Spine-Health! I replied to your email, hopefully that'll get you going just fine!

The saga of Liz's visit is here: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/water-cooler/lizs-first-trip-america

It sure sounds like quite a fun time for everyone!

I sure wish I was still sleeping, I have to get ready for work in a few, and it's my long day. You can probably hear me chanting & psyching myself up to actually go. This has become my daily ritual. :)

We hosted a BBQ at my house this weekend, I got to see some old friends, had some good food and will be eating leftovers for a week. I got the news that one of my firefighter buddies is expecting twins, his wife is due in February! It sure was good to have some fun and get my mind off things.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.