Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Suffering from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Alternative Treatments
My mother aged 54, suffers from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms. There is no apparent cause for her to be depressed as all is well in my family. My sister and I are well settled. My father is in great health and has a good job. Early symptoms of depression started showing up about three years back. Sessions with the counselor have not helped much. She has been on anti-depressant drugs for quite sometime now. However, I wish there could be some way out to assist her to regain her enthusiasm for life.

• sorry your mom is depressed. if 3 years of help has not had positive affect i would pursue additional efforts.
    i would see an endocrinologist to check on thyroid and menopause issues
    in addition i would have her see her gen. practitioner as depression can also be initiated by physical problems such as low grade infection...
    hope you get some answers
  • I am sorry to hear about your mom! Yes, I would be concerned for your mum also. There are alternative therapies for people suffering from depression and peri-menopausal symptoms. Have you heard of EDITED? It is a site on the internet, which promotes good health and well-being for women. It explains a new method of creating Chiropractic & Acupuncture to bring about long lasting change in your life. The website has more information and explains the process and how many sessions!

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla

• mikert, there is no reason needed for depression.

Situational depression results from "reasons". When there are no real reasons that is when it gets tricky to help.

If she has been seen for 3 years and is still in depression I would suggest that further help is needed.

Please do not assume there has to be a reason for depression. It does not help the sufferer and can make them feel even more guilty because most of us would do anything to not feel that way!