Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what does this mean ?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had an MRI done for neck and shoulder pain and this is what the report says. I have an appointment for Monday.

Dehydration/Dessication of Intervertebral discs at almost all levels seen.

Diffuse disc bulge at C3-C4 and C4-C5 levels seen indenting anterior CSF column with mild bilateral exit foramen compromise

Mild bilateral osteophyte disc complex at C5-C6 and C6-c7 levels seen causing exit foramen narrowing

Shows Lumbarization of S1. Mild anterolistehsis of S1 over S2 seen with pseudo bulge of S1-S2 disc indenting tecal sac.

• too bad the dr didn't give you rundown....i'm no doc and have a bit of knowledge about what these terms mean...
    your disks are drying out and no longer have the shock absorbing capacity they had before...
    C3/C4/C5 (neck) have disks pressing on spinal nerves.
    the C5/C6/C7 AREA ON NECK HAS PREssURE ON THE nerves that branch out to side of spinal column
    down at the bottom of the spine near tail bone you have an extra vertebrae that ussualy doesn't cause pain
    what symptoms do you have?
  • Why do they all have to write it in doctor's words only? They should translate it to "normal" words *LOL*
  • I read that your MRI says you have a bone spur also which is the osteophyte. The dehydration also could mean degenterative disk disease too. almost ev1 gets that from aging. How high is your pain level and where does it hurt?
    2005-ACDF with Corpectomy at C3-C-5.
    2006-L4-L5 diskectomy.
    2009-Cervical laminectomy at C3.
    Steroid injections series x 4.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Did they MRI your LS spine also? Lumbosacral spine? ... cause S1 - S2 (Near L5) are on the other end of the spine ... the very end (like your low back)- you mention C3 - C5 which is indeed your neck ... BUT (no pun intended) S1 is at the other end.

So did they MRI your complete spine? Did I pass the test TESTUSER?

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!