Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New study for pain relief!

• i knew there was a reason for my fowl language!!!
  • This post should go into chronic pain, I think! I certainly feel better when I swear. However, I strongly disagree with one point in the article about swear words losing their potency the more they use; I am a very creative swearer and can invent new ones, so this should not be a problem for me.

I wonder if my doc will write a prescription for it so that I can say it is medically necessary? :)
  • i knew there was a reason for all the language iv been using . my hubbie always says what a pretty mouth we have today . now i can show him this thanks.renee :jawdrop:
  • =)) =)) =))

Angie, you made me spit all over my monitor :p Let's all call our doctors tomorrow and ask for prescriptions!

• I don't know.........I've heard that you can build a tolerance pretty fast!!!
  • I hope you can read this with all that spit on your monitor. So, if I had a prescription for it, then I could not get into any trouble if I go into the human resources office and let my voluntary, pretend, Tourrette's kick in! I'll just be able to say, "Oh it's a bad pain day you *****%*(_*^&%&%**.

They could have support groups for us so that we could learn new swear words. We wouldn't say, "Hi, my name is Angie" we would say, "**** off, my (*(&*(* name is none of your )&*((&( business!" And, at our support group meetings, we could watch old George Carlin stand-up shows.

I already feel better.
  • there goes my keyboard
    =)) :))( =))

want to try for the mouse? :p
  • So I objectively tried out your study link. My 15 year old and I went to the grocery store(he has to lift the bags and milk and stuff, I have very good boys.) I like to push those little short double decker carts 1.) so much easier not to bend and just use top shelf for me 2.) PT told me I need to shorten my stride(I am 5'8" with long legs and used to moving fast) because longer strides tilt your pelvis and can contribute to back pain.

Anyway, I got a little bit in a hurry and stepped too far forward and caught my foot on the old lady cart. Well of course I fell, daily it's just a questions of where, when, and how many times! So, in the toothpaste/medicine aisle, I let loose with language that would make a pirate blush(ER nurses know who to cuss.) People looked at me, and I said,"How stupid are you people? Don't you read Scientific American and the research on cursing diminishing pain perception?"

Got back up, son was beet red from embarrassment, but the people had walked away and I was laughing!
  • I am sending you a Youtube link that I just saw. I don't want to post it cuz I think I would get banned for sure!!!! But, if anyone wants it in PM(even if it's a mod) I'll send it to you as long as you are over 18!

• lmfao! I was reading along, thinking, ok good, no sudden outbursts for this one.....

You owe me a new mouse =)) =)) =))

• I have heard of laughter therapy :))( but will this lead to a new type of therapy :?. How could you control and mediate group therapy session devoted to swearing 8} ? Are the mediators all going to go on strike for a pay rise }:) and need special retraining not to blush image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> ? Hope they do not change my medication from 10mg 2 times a day to facing a mirror and swearing for 30 minutes 4 times a day! Make it interesting for medical staff dispensing and ensuring patients have taken medication. =)) For the lawyers out there if I get into trouble for swearing at work can I quote Scientific America in my defense image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> ?