Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


hopeless-in-mnhhopeless-in-mn Posts: 206
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Matters of the Heart
OK my spinie friends....I have a problem; well actually more of a dilema. My boyfriend is ready to commit to me and my children <:P :X <:P but if we LEGALLY marry at this time, I will lose my public assistance benifits. And for religious reasons, just shacking up is out of the question for him. We are willing to make things legal when finances permit, but at this time, things are pretty dire for me where I am now, and yet I DO NOT/CAN NOT allow myself or my kids to become a burden on him.....

Any ideas on a type of church/pastor willing to do a commitment ceromony binding us in the eyes of god just not legally yet?

dawn :D :X


  • Hi Dawn,

    I am not sure about this one but.... I want the best for you!!!! Do you have a Universalist Church in your area- or talk with a UCC- United Church of Christ- that might just do a unification ceremony in front of your children???????? ( u need to find the most liberal of churches in your area) Some churches of the same denomination are more liberal than others. One of our churches a few towns over is open and affirming. I wish ours was. I wish you all the best, Dawn! Good Luck !!
    hugs, glo
  • If you received disability instead of public benefits would your benefits be affected by being married? Do you have the Salvation Army close to you? Give them a call they may be able to help with food bank etc. to help supplement your income if you want to get married. Best wishes to you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
Sign In or Register to comment.