Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Depression and Coping
My body hurts really bad today, from my neck all the way to my rearend. I do too much but I feel guilty if I don't do what I do because hubby works and I was laid off. He's NEVER complained and even tells me to take it easy, but in my mind it just doesn't work that way.

We all have this battle, don't we? It sucks.

• sorry youre having bad day. we do it to ourselves trying to get something done. i know youve mentioned that there arent a lot of people around so i guess you look at work to do and you go for it. well hang in there ....take a day off and pat the puppy, youll feel better and next time youre in that situation youll ???????????

take care....pete

• you are feeling ouchy today. it does suck. You look around at everything piling up and feel guilty, but hey, it will get done. Done overdo, you will get it done and overdoing will just put you behind. I know, I am there with ya! Let things settle down and just take it slow. Its hard I know, but in the long run its just not worth it. Heres a light and gentle hug. Get better and take care of YOU! >:D<
  • I think you are a lot like me in regards to being a bit bullheaded. I mean that in a good way, but it tends to bite me in the behind from time to time. I don't like seeing things left undone and I know my husband has more than his fair share of things to contend with. I feel guilty that he has had to fore-go personal time in order to take care of me, so now that I feel better, I tend to do way too much. When he tells me to ease up, I just buckle down harder to get it done. Then I suffer in silence so as not to suffer the grief I know he would give me.

Hope you wake to a better day!

• am right there with you C and Cath......we all over do it from time to time or if you are like me then you over do it pretty much all the time....lol. But hey , we are who we are and I don't think that any of us are going to change too terribly much....sooooooooo , guess we will keep on having those , I hurt from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet , days.

Btw , Cath....quit over doing it....you should know better , lol......jk , take care my friend....Miki
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    You know so well....

What goes UP
    Also goes DOWN

I am hoping you are climbing up right now
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • take a lickin and keep on tickin. as long as its the puppy that does the lickin...feel better?
  • Thanks to all of you guys for the hugs, the nice words, and knowing exactly how it is because it's that way for you too.

I'm ok today, same major pain getting out of bed in the morning then as I sit drinking my coffee and watching American Justice things settle down to a dull ache. I'm still aching today, but I'm used to it. I just can't take the days when the pain doesn't lessen or gets worse as the day progesses. And that shooting sciatic pain - ACK!

I'm taking my little Wally for a walk every morning now, pain or no pain. I'm only on my second day (didn't even try to yesterday) so maybe it will help. Good thing he's so tiny that he can't pull too hard.

The good news is that hubby's playing in the church band tonight so I know I won't have to stand for an extended period of time cooking dinner.

Anyhoo, thanks my spiney friends. You guys are the best. I think it's awesome that I can pop on for five minutes before bed to make this post and I feel better having posted and feel even better in the morning knowing I having friends that know exactly how I feel. (Wow, did that make sense at all?)

We're all fighting this battle together.