Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone Getting Personals?

ernurseeernurse Posts: 790
Hey, don't know if anyone else is getting personal ad stuff here(I have no personal ad posted) but I got this in my PM inbox today. Not sure if this is a regular spammer or just someone playing a joke, but I think this screen name needs to go! :) Laughed my butt off at the "perfect condition of health" comment! Mods, this is for you. I don't know how to flag it other than cut and paste.

To: ernurse
Subject: hello
Date: Tue, 07/14/2009 - 19:08

How are you? hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I went through your profile and took intersest in it, if you don't mind i will like to know you much better, although i came online to look for a true and loving person that is ready for a true, honest and loving relationship, i believe you are the kind of person am talking about, if you don't mind send me a mail now on my private box (e_ray1980@yahoo.com) so that i will tell you all about myself and a picture of myself. looking forward to hear from you,thanks and God bless

• Perhaps a Dating Forum should be added. Nothing beats a little romance mixed in with chronic pain :D
  • Could you imagine a real life spiney singles' event? They could compare walkers, ECVs, meds. No one would wear name tags, just wear copies of their MRI films on their shirts. Or, make their dance dress out of x-ray films!
  • I am new to this website and was excited that I had a personal message until I opened it up. My message was word for word the same one you received.

I laughed also and then deleted it. Sounds like this person is looking for match.com or one of those other dating websites.

• Gee and I thought I got it because I am so special. I had to laugh about the "perfect condition of health" too.

Low back pain, pain in right rear, excrutiating pain in lower right leg
    MRI, x-rays
    PT, Steroid Injections, ibuprofen, Hydrocodone
    Hernations at L4-L5 and L5-S1, Grade II Spondylolisthesis at L4-L5
    Discectomy/laminectomy and L4-L5 fusion (TLIF minimally invasion scheduled for July 29, 2009
  • I am crushed. I got the same message word for word. :)
  • Here's my personal ad:

Broken 41 year old normally well stocked on really cool narcotics. Flunked kindergarten and does not share well. You can feel safe with me as my cane is not only fashionable but makes a great weapon to beat off would-be robbers. Recent new interior and body work, still needs a new coat of paint. Looking for someone that likes short walks around the block and enjoys attending the frequent Pain Management Social events.

I actually did receive an email from Zimbabwe, something about a business proposition! Guess that's what I get for making my email visible! LOL
  • Wow I feel special. Sorry Eve, but this time you can't claim him/her as yours. You didn't get the personal. Unfortunately, someone must think this is funny. How sad. Here's mine:

To: julie
    Subject: hello
    Date: Tue, 07/14/2009 - 22:04
    My name is easter 24 years old, i view your profile i will like to communicate with you, my email is e_ray1980@yahoo.com, i will like to know you better. i will be very happy if you can write me through my email ,best for your day yours new friend.
  • We know you like to claim every man, but since this person is named "Easter" I think it's a woman. So, you should say, "she's mine."

Now, I am married and have no interest in getting rid of him today. But, if I had to write an ad(and I like Jay's), it would go something like this...

If you like Pina Coladas, catching me when I fall, if you're not into walking, if you have a full brain, if you like going to the ER at midnight, and the smell of my vomit, you're the man that I've limped for, write to me I'm in pain.

Lucky for me, Mr. ER doesn't mind catching me when I fall, or if I vomit(I puke when in bad pain.) But I think this is a darn fine ad if I was looking for someone. Wait, I would add, "If you like giving me enemas, when my pain meds clog me up."
  • lol ernurse, I obviously did miss a few important details in my "personal ad." Of course isn't that how the game is played? ha ha!!!
  • I must have made a good impression in my profile. I don't even remember filling out my profile. Don't know what else it could be eve!!!! What do ernurse and I have in common? And then I wonder what we have that you don't eve!!! lol Obviously something interesting and exciting.
    Still love you though Eve,
  • =))
    My name can be male or female (just as many of the alias’s) and wondering why I was excluded from such an illustrious group? :? Clearly they haven't read your postings (with description from Mr. ER Nurse of "tough bitch ER nurse") or then again maybe they did! :))( 8}
  • You should all answer Mr. Ray.

ERNurse - you, my dear, are a HOOT! That was hilarious!

Poor poor Mr. Ray. He must be one lonely guy. Or gal.

Not in the least bit jealous I had no message waiting for me this morning.

ok maybe just a tad....

• I've not received any personals either.. Hmm must be the "not sharing" in my own personal ad. :)
  • I've not received any personals either.. Hmm must be the "not sharing" in my own personal ad. :)
  • i got the same one er got . frecked me out at first. then got mad , i dont even have a profile. i pm pete he told me there was a thread about it . felt better being i have really never done anything on the comp before . so i thought what have i done ? :O good nothing #:S funny about all the things he wrote to differnt people.good health hes way lost here :))( renee
  • My personal ad that I received I held back one line-it said, "Please do not tell that cyberstalker Bubblegum about me." I really did not want to hurt your feelings so I left that out of my cut and paste.
  • I also held that line back so I wouldn't hurt you. Angie thanks for coming clean about it. I was losing sleep over it all. BG if I get anymore I will make sure I share with you. I haven't heard anymore from this person so I think she/he has moved on to other takers.
    Sorry you are so bummed.
    Big Hugs,
  • Bubblegum, we can't let you get carpal tunnel. I'll send you a personal ad to save you from yourself! lol
  • Now I am feeling left out as I didn't get one of these either. Of course that could be due to the fact I haven't been on here in a couple of months or maybe I did get it but forget since I been in such a drug induced fog lately trying new meds to see which combo would benefit me the most. Who knows I may have answered and even gone a date...I wouldn't remember anyway lol. I think my hubby would've told me about that one if I did that lol.

You guys crack me up and I especially love the creative personal adds you guys came up with.
  • Oh Paul I didn't even think about a "Personals" pool! We could pick squares for who and what day!! ROFL