Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness tingling 7months post op acdf

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am 7 months post-op, the surgery never worked for me, except it took the numbness and tingling away that I had in my fingers. (NEW AS OF YESTERDAY 7/12/09) STARTED HAVING NUMBNESS IN MY LIP AND SPREADING TO NOSE AND CHEEK. This is very new for me. I have been having chronic headaches again, and neck and muscle pain severe, needing a lot of massaging, and pressing, called surgeon, he said to see family doc, he never heard of numbness tingling in lip or face being a cause of a neck issue. i told him the tingling came back in fingers and hands too. has anyone with cervical problems, had numbness in lip or face, please let me know!!

• i had fusion of c6/c7/t1/t2 about 6 years ago. i cant say the surgery was very successful as there was not much change in my pain. in addition two of the screws were not sunk into the vertebrae deep enough so they never really held properly.
    i do recall however that i had some numbness and tingling in my lips and my cheeks. also on the top and back of my head. none of those symptoms exist now.
    i recall also from a laminectomy in my lumbar spine experiencing weird sensation in my stomach. it takes a long time for these sensations to dissipate. in my opinion the skin tingling is not significant and in time will go away. i would be more concerned with hand and arm pain or numbness.
    good luck karmagirl
  • Yes, I get numbness and tingling across the bridge of my nose, under my right eye and sometimes across my lips and down my neck.

My eye sensations are the most pervasive.

I had a 5/6 fusion and discectomy 6 months ago and feel worse more often than better.