Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

We can all help each other.

JohnJJohn Posts: 964
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Chronic Pain
For those people who have not made pain a career, as Sternbach mentioned we all have to understand that we are all on the spectrum of progression and as said, although that message may have to be continuously reiterated we all need progression and proportionate support as and when necessary on our own individual journey.

It is not for me to judge those who may be at a different stage than me and need collective support or encouragement, periodically or even incessantly. In teaching and supporting other’s our role is not to discourage them and we should be mandated as a collective, to support our fellow suffers that we ourselves have been over time, we all arrive here with differing experience and skills and our gift is to share those without prejudice.

I evaluate my own role in questioning how I present and research the information I have and feel that responsibility to pass on knowledge and understanding in a format that is appropriate to the recipient, we all share this through pain and although I have had my pain for two decades even a day of this life is sufficient to equate that associated angst.

The emphasis and success of PM is to find those patients who are malleable and embracing of change and to that extent some are more suitable than others, it is not in the method that PM is successful but those chosen, being in a more manageable state is far more effective, I am not beyond permanent hand holding if that is appropriate, it could have been me and those who really understood pain who be only too glad to help any individual.

That living “in” the pain rather than “with it” may only be word and we are all progressing.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

• You are so eloquent. I get alot out of your posts.

It's nice to know that I have somewhere to turn when the BS gets too deep. Most days, I don't have to type anything. I just read. Puts things into perspective for me, and shines light on situations that may otherwise be dark and gloomy.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.