Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do other people do to help you?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Matters of the Heart
So, what do people at work and/or school do to help you when they know you have a bad back? How about your family and friends?

I work at a convenience store and my boss and coworkers are awesome. I am not scheduled on stock days, as I cannot lift heavy boxes, they don't make me lift ice to put into the ice machine. They offer to bend down for me if I drop something in front of them. When I had my surgeries my boss let me have as much time off as I needed and let me "ease back in" slowly with short work hours. They also gave me get well cards and flowers. I am very fortunate, as some bosses and coworkers suck.

As for friends and family, I am always the one that gets the comfiest chair, LOL and they are so supportive of me. I really appreciate them.

I just feel real lucky and I hope all you have similar experiences with people!

• How wonderful it is that you have so many people there to help you.I think that's Beautiful.
    When I did work, I would always step in and give a extra hand to my coworker,she was older then I, with many problems(I can remember letting her take her break and mine.I did nursing & helping was my job, I Loved what I did soooo much. never did I think I would need the same help that I used to give.
    Now at home I get help from everyone. My Hubby(that after all these years I can still honestly say was sent from Heaven for me),my Son(who moved in with us to help me when hubby is at work),my Daughter and son-law who live less then 5 minutes away. oh my my the grand kids being only 5 and 6 years old help me more then you would ever imagine.They are my battery's in life.and a new baby girl due any day now... not even born yet...But she helps me.. in many ways,
    Before my surgery many people said things to make me feel better and encourage me. Our family had been through too many sad things one after another.....But when my daughter came to me and said Mom we are gonna have another Baby.. you have to get better, I need you.. that's what took my heart and gave me strength...
    I may not be able to help or do many things that I used too. but I can always listen.
    Maybe in the old days I could get 15 things done in one day, now getting one thing done a day is ok.
    I cant think of no-one in my life that does not help me.
    Thank you Ashley 4 reminding me of this, we all need reminders once in awhile....Smiles too you