Hi everyone -
I thought I would post a new thread since my dr called me to advise me of a couple of things.
1. His partners agree for me to have surgery, however not for the fusion only for the corpectomy. His partners think I should wait and see how things go, before doing the fusion.
2. He wants another EMG, to cross his "t's and dot his i's" -- I am not happy with this, but if I have too I will.
3. I advised my dr that my headaches is what kills me and even lifting and even typing on my laptop computer makes my arms go numb. Dr. said he understood.
4. advised maybe something is wrong that the EMG, could reflect to postpone surgery.
Finally after 30 minutes, and explaining that regardless what the EMG shows "MY NECK,IS STILL GOING TO BOTHER ME". He did agree and that he would prefer only to go in once, for which I agreeded too.
SO here is the plan:
7/29 - ACDF on C4/C5 and corpectomy on C6 (donor bone); I will be in a hard collar and also have a bone stimulator too --- to insure fusion or help with. The dr was very clear that should the fusion not take place he will have to go back in and go through the back of the neck and use screws (not looking forward to that - so the fusion and bone stimulator better work).
Dr. said that my throat will be sore for several weeks, due to the legnth of the surgery and what is involved -- i have to keep an eye on my weight too (weight loss)
My question is this:
Has anyone had both ACDF and Corpectomy at the same time? How was the recovery?
With 2 weeks before my surgery, I have to admit I am starting to get scared. I really can not find any information about having both at the same time.
thanks in advance