Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hip Bursitis After Surgery/Injury

FormerfireFFormerfire Posts: 148
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi again,

I had RF on L3, L4 (LHS) and notice the difference in movement already :)

BUT - my hip bursitis seems to be recurring and getting worse! Does anyone else get bursitis since surgery or injury??? And how do I get rid of it quickly?

• I had an ESI in my left hip for BURSAE (which I had let it get pretty bad) and the relief was incredible and almost instant.I know how bad the bursitis can be..trying to sleep,getting in/out of the car,etc.It's been over a year since my last hip injection.Good luck with that!
  • I had decompression surgery for sciatic pain on the right side months ago but have recently developed a very sore hip on the opposite side. My physio says it is due to favoring the right side for so long. We are working on stretching the tendons in the thigh and the muscles around the hip (ouchhhhhh!). It does seem to be working for me. Have you had any PT yet?
  • Hi Jacey, yeah I have had pT, but bursitis is a really sore achey feeling and you cant lie on that side. It really hurts to press. I think the big difference between that and the muscles spasms I also get around that area is the throbbing ache, and when i walk or go up stairs it starts to burn/throb and go down the side of my leg.

It took them a while to say bursitis. They thought it was glute muscles so did massage which absoulutely killed. The worst thing to do to bursitis is rub the area.

Robin I had my second injection today and it hurt way more than the last one, but the doc was much better at locating the right point so i am more hopeful this time round. The anaesthetic was beaut but has worn off already...so its ice and pain killers for me. But i hope it kicks in real soon :)
This discussion has been closed.