Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Fusion of Lumbar 3, 4, 5 and S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,461
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi I am new here and was wondering if any of you have had this same operation. Mine was done almost 2 yrs ago. The surgery also triggered my FM. Was there anyone that has also had this happen to you? :?? I know that I led a much more active life before my operation. If you have the same or near the same problem please respond.

Take Care and Gentle Hugs, TripleLumbar B)
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't had surgery but I've heard from a lot of people who've experienced the onset of Fibromyalgia following a surgery.

Regards,
    Jasro
  • Is that really true that aa surgery can trigger Fibromyalgia? I went to see my Orthapaedic surgeon to follow up my surgeries on Cervical 5/6 fusion and Lumbar 4/5 surheries. He found two bulging disc above and below where neck fusion was and he said the lower back looked great, he didnt know why I was still having pain. He said he needs to send me to a neurologist. He fixes bones.
  • So far, medical & science journals are pointing fingers at "trauma" (ie surgery) causing fibro.
    You many want to google fibro to see if it sounds
    like your sort of continuing pain.
    I'll help all I'm able if you have questions.
    (So sorry to hear you're still in pain.)

I'm NOT a doctor.

Regards,
    jasro