Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness is getting worse

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
the last two weeks i've had more numbness going down my legs and now its going into my left foot. When i bend or walk my toes go numb and when i walk the ball of my foot starts to hurt so bad that i have to stop walking or if i can't stop i have walk on the outside of my foot.I know its a bad thing to do but how else am i supposed to get where i'm going.I finally got my date for the mri today but its not until the middle of september.I plan on calling the hospital tomorrow and have them put me on a cancellation list so i can have a chance of getting in sooner.

• Sorry to hear you are having more troubles. It's never ending isn't it. My numbness issues come and go and some days I think I'm getting really bad, then it eases up and I breathe again. Hang in there.
  • being inside of these bodies that aren't holding up very well...

I wish the best for you.

• Should you have to wait till the middle of September for an MRI. I am not sure where you live but the MRI places where I live are open all the time and always have an appointment. Call around maybe you can get an appointment earlier somewhere else. No way should you wait that long!
  • i live in canada. Our machines never shut down either.I plan on calling to get on there cancellation list,unfortunately i wasn't home when they called or i would have done it then.Even sept. is alot sooner then apt. used to be here.We used to have to wait six months to a year just for an apt. before they opened them up all day.Once i get on the cancellation list i should be able to get in a lot sooner,but you have to be willing to go any time day or night.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope that you can get in real soon. Is your foot still hurting so bad when you walk? Did the doctor have any ideas? I hope you're feeling better today.
  • I hope so too,and yes my foot still has pain in it when i'm walking and parts of it goes numb.When i'm resting at night the bottom of it goes into spasms.I haven't talked to my doc. about it. Nor have i discussed it with my therapist .I just figure its another symptom that won't be explained until i have the mri done. So hopefully its going to be soon.
  • No way should you have to be going through this lady! Sometimes life is just no fair and it seems to be the nicest people sometimes who get the short end of the stick.

I hope they can get you in earlier, especially in light of your existing spinal problems. Perhaps your surgeon can make a call and get it pushed through sooner? It never hurts to ask.

Hang in there and you know I'm here to talk to if you need me.

• well i called the booking office to put myself on the cancellation list to get my mri sooner and was told that they save the cancellations for the people in the hospital that need mri's done so i can't get my mri any sooner then sept.
  • wow, sorry you have to wait so long. I had numbness go down my legs before my 2nd surgery and one doc told me that he thought it was my sciata?? turns out it was a nerve that was being squished as i like to call it. They explained to me that the spine is like a tree trunk and the nerves are all the branches on the tree..then said all my bone spurs were causing different issues with numbness and tingling in different body parts. I had my 3rd surgery (ACDF revision with BMP synthetic, cage, plate and screws this past thursday) Immediatelly noticed the arm numbness and leg numbness is better and surgeons told hubby they removed lots of bone spurs and scar tissue so maybe that is part of it since you had a 3 level. I hope that whatever it is, they are able to find it soon and give you some relief. I got to the point where i was scared to go up and down the stairs as I fell going UP the stairs twice because my legs went numb and gave out on me. Good luck to you and keep us posted as you find out.