Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am home

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had so much pain last week that on Fri they put me in the hospital. They had me on dilodid iv with pump so I could control it myself. Also upped my fentanyl patch to 75 and gave me 30 mg oxycodone every 4 hours and Ativan every 12 hours. Layed in Bed from Fri until I got out this morning(Tuesday) because I had my CT Scan today and saw my ortho. 2 hours up there and 2 hours back. I am exhausted!

But for the good news. My top discs is fused and the bottom one is also fusing, just at a much slower rate. Ortho said that all the hardware and screws seem to be in the right place. So he has gone to getting a MRI with contrast next Weds up there(another 2 hours up and two hours back) and after the MRI I will see him and go over results. He said it can be a piece of baone from fusion, a herniated disc that was just fixed, a pool of blood, or a number of things. He told me we will find it, it just takes alot of detective work. But he is glad of how the fusion looks.

So next week maybe I will have some answers. I hope. I am so tired of all these drugs. Makes me wobbly. So I try not to venture out with out some kind of cane or walker. Please keep me in your prayers that I dont have to have another surgery. I really dont want to go there.

I also have been working on my attitude. casue I need to be more positive. Sometimes it is just hard. You know when life hands you lemons and they say make lemonade. Well I want to make margaritas, but that is no no until I am off my meds... Take care all my dear friends, and I will update you more when I know it..AKA As the backache turns!

• and a positive attitude can make a big difference. good to see you back on SH and wishing you some good luck
  • I've never had a conversation with you, but I've seen your posts, and I can tell that you are a very loved, and important part of this community. I wish you the best and pray that your new level of medication will give you some much needed pain relief.

• Hi Robin,

You certainly figured out how to get your doctor's attention! I am really sorry you have been in so much pain...but hopefully, it will provide the impetus for the medical team to figure out what is causing all the pain.

I will be eager to hear what the MRI shows. Please rest up and let everything else go...just take it easy and devote yourself to positive thoughts and healing.

Have you ever read Norman Cousins' book "Anatomy of an Illness?" I have seen it recommended to back patients who have chronic pain. I must admit I bought it but haven't read it yet!!

Take good care....

xx Gwennie
  • First of all, here's your virtual Margarita or Hard Lemonade from those lemons. Virtual drinks are OK and good for you! :)

I hope that As the World Turns, your doctor will find The Guiding Light to take care of your Young and Restless spine. Robin, These are the Days of Our Lives. I'm sorry, couldn't resist after you posted the soap reference!! :)

Take care and please update us. You have a whole community here rooting for you.

• you find out what is wrong and get to feeling better. We miss you when you are not here to cheer us on. Take care
  • Robin,

I am sorry to hear that you were in such pain and had to be in the hospital.

I know you have a positive attitude... you have given me positive replies to my posts here.

I am with you, in that I wish I could quit taking all this medication and get back to a more normal life... a life where we CAN have a Margarita!