Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

still in loads of pain while lying down!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:33 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi folks,Hope you are all feeling not too bad, by the way!!
I havent been on for quite a few weeks now, but still trying to find answers.I had a microdiscectomy 2 1/2 months ago, but its made absolutely no difference to my bak pain.I am at my worsed when I go to bedat night untill my oxynorm/ contin kicks in in the morning.I have had physio since te op, and now my therapist is at the stage of giving up again.He told me to keep in touch with my GP about my continual pain as there is little to no muscle spasm, but when I saw my doc last week, she just said 'dont be scared of your back- excersise through the pain'!WOW!! All it takes is doing around 5 pelvic tilts( either way) to make it worse .Any suggestions? I have quite alot of degenaration of my spinal bone around L5 (my 'large cental disc bulge' was at L4/L5), but my physio said that should'nt be causing so much pain.Other than that, nothing else showed up on my mri,
many thanks in advance,

• remember what i told you about physio exercises? and i also told you that you would still be in pain .best to get yourself to a pool if you can and just stretch and maybe a small swim even walk up and down the pool ..this advice from my private physio {he is one of the physios from Manchester united football team so he knows a bit about pain and how to treat it.the a4 list of exercises that the hospital gave you are outdated and i was told to bin them! as they were making my pain worse.glad your back with us and i hope that you can get some relief soon .did you ever buy an acticare?
  • hey straker! have you had a diagnosis as to what causes your pain at night? I take 3 x the amount of oxy at night and it helps me sleep, but I know I'm still in pain,and on waking I have to take more oxynorm before I get up.I think I'm getting cortisone injections in my sacrilliac joints next, and to be honest I'm really dreading it and am doubtfull if they will help as even though I get a lot of buttock pain, I think its a referred pain.I think the microdiscectomy and the physio were a waist of time and am feeing a bit downhearted.My meds are increasing now, and a'm getting dirty looks from one of the pharmicists every time I got in to get more!I live in a small village and have known the people that work there for many years, but they still make it known that 'this is a controlled substance- you need id before I can give it to you!'No chane of keeping your nacotic use private here!lol
This discussion has been closed.